Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 16:42

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 217/211/170
BF:
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up Newbie to Active Low Carber Forum

After low carbing hard and excercising alot I went from 228 to 165 and now, back to square 1.
I did it with the Atkins diet and excercise, but I went into outside sales, got married, quit smoking, and became a dad and here I am again. (THE LAST STRAW) My size 38 pants are getting snug and I have a pair of old 32 size pants that I need to get back into.
I have had a hard time on low carbing because it seems like every time I try it I end up getting sick. I am starting this time and sticking to a vitiman and supplement regimen.
I wish you all the best, and can't wait to write of my success and look foward to reading yours.

Mike.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-07-03, 16:46
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Mike, and welcome! Best of luck sticking with it! Many people say they feel a little icky for the first few days, but it shouldn't last much longer than that. Hopefully, sticking to a suppliment regimen will help you out.

Enjoy!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-09-03, 09:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 142/133.5/125
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Mike, Welcome to the club!

The first 3 days are pretty hellish - headaches, etc. but I promise you that once you get over that, you'll actually feel better than you've felt in a long time (if not ever). I've been doing Atkins since early August, and I haven't gotten sick once. Everyone else around me has a horrible flu right now, and I'm just fine. I sleep better, I have more energy, my hair is shinier, and I look better! Well worth passing up the rolls at dinner, you know? And you actually stop wanting the rolls (etc.) for the most part. I'm sure you'll still have things you crave, but you'll be amazed at how little you want to have the other stuff that maybe in the past you thought you couldn't do without.

good luck! keep us up to date on how things are going!

kiwi

Last edited by kiwi2 : Thu, Jan-09-03 at 09:32.