Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 01:58

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Default Increased appetite, time for EC(A)?

Dear all,

After having come back from a cycling holiday in Portugal where I ate too little and lost a bit of strength and 3 kg too, I have regained that weight and lost it again in the last 3 weeks.
However, I notice an increased appetite.. it may have to do with my increased activity level...
Like I increased my cardio from 2 to 3 spinning lessons, added 1 swimming session of 20 mins (actually I'm swimming under water) as well as 2 home trainer sessions of 18-24 mins where I try to keep pedalling between 90 and 115 rpm (I increase 5 rpm each min and then go back to 80 rpm).

Being a nitpicker who I am I am still in the process of consulting www.caloriesperhour.com to find out how many cals I'm really consuming, but since they even list bailing hay as an activity there are a gazillion interesting activities that I just have to copy (not that one though, last time I did that was when I was in my teens )

But I do notice an increased appetite, prob due to eating too little in the afternoon when I wait too long with eating..
Or it could be that I'm around the weight that I have been gravitating to for the last 17 years since age 22 when I ballooned to 72 kg after my mother died and the only thing I liked about doing household chores was cooking fattening foods (like lasagna!)

Is it time for an EC(A) stack or still too early? And what's the aspirin doing in there.. I can't find anything except a 'potentiating' effect...

Fietser who would love to go back to the desired 62-65 kg range (20-25% fat).
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-22-02, 03:08

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

Ah, I see a mistake. I meant to say that I wanted to consult the www.caloriesperhour.com website to see how many calories I burn (not consume of course!)

Fietser, who's upping the caffein intake though..
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-28-02, 12:24

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Fietser, something else to consider - increased appetite if you've been restricting calories for a prolonged period could be your body trying to tell you something. Have you been consistently refeeding? Your leptin levels might be low - this might be the time to increase calories for a while; as in take a week or two off and go back to maintenance level.

Nat