Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 12:47
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/185/175
BF:
Progress: 82%
Default Boar's Head

I'm lucky enough to have this little specialty supermarket / deli around where I live that sells all kinds of choice fowl/meat/fish, oh thank god for that place. Lately I've been checking out the "Boar's Head" products they sell there besides the deli, Boar's Head makes all kinds of meat and cheeses, they have some really good turkey, the best turkey I've probably ever eaten it's nice and juicey, and some really good ham. The package says "1g" carb per 3oz. Is that basically like saying "Trace" and they just stick it on there because it does have a little bit of carb, or should I take that literally and say about every 6oz (or generally 1 serving, I mean who eats 3oz of meat) i'll be eating 2g of carbs?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 13:58

Plan: own version of LC
Stats: 180/163/145 Female 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hey ya Tarrant

I love Boar's head turkey too. It's the best. I really didn't pay much attention to the label till I read your post. I just checked and mine said 1carb per 2 ounces. Like you said, not much of turkey for that but I never really have worried about the carbs in meat from the deli. It seems all the labels I have read there is at least 1 carb in everything even when it says zero. (hidden carbs)

I just do the best I can.

Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 16:35

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Boars Head cold cuts are one of the best around...not only are they low carb, they offer low-sodium versions adn they don't use fillers. I love their products.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-09-02, 18:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

If they don't use fillers in their meat products, the carbs are probably sugars used in the preparation. If the label says so, better count the carbs.