Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-02, 23:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Finally

I've been doing Atkins for about 2 and a half years now. I lost 50 pounds in the first 8 months or so and not much after that. This year I've gotten more committed to losing weight whatever it takes.

Last year in about November I went off my diet for several months, and gained back about 20 pounds. So February of this year I recommitted and lost that 20 pounds fairly fast, but then did my bouncy gain and lose thing up and down to my plateau weight of 232. Started working out in June, managed to lose 9 pounds.

On September 4th I weighed 223. Started BFL the beginning of September. I'm in week 6 now. At first the weight started climbing and that was creepy. Up again to 230 for awhile there, then down again recently to 225. Just today I made it to a new low. 222

10 pounds for the year so far, and only one new pound since BFL. But I'm FINALLY at 60 pounds lost total. New muscle being built, fat calipers are down from 36.9 at the beginning of Sept to 28.6 lately. But only one new pound lost. I haven't stopped to figure out how many "pounds" of fat I've lost or how many pounds of muscle I've gained, but I have to believe that I've done both.

I was marveling last night at how tight and muscled my chest was (above my bust) and how little fat I could feel on my sides between my outer skin and my bones beneath.

I've had to go back to induction level carbs to get the weight down, but what I care about is that it is WORKING.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-11-02, 23:09

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

That sounds really really great!!! I've been teeter-tottering on whether or not to do Body For Life and just last night I ordered the book!

Your story is really inspiring!!

Keep up the good (and hard) work!

Titania
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-12-02, 09:33

Plan: IN LIMBO!!!!!
Stats: 145/137/126
BF:28.3%/22%/18%
Progress: 42%

Good for you Sherry!!!

I've been following your journal and have read of your struggle. I am so happy that you are recognizing your accomplishments. I'm rootin' for ya!!!

Peace,

Brenda