Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-01, 01:43
Registered Member

Plan: Own Combinations, just trying not to exceed 20g/day..Struggling tho
Stats: 174/160/125
BF:
Progress:
Default Okay I freaked again!!

Doreen ..first and foremost I thank you fa the guides and tips ya gave,,they certainly help me alot. I see the problem is me me me... See, i managed to control me carb intake till late evening 10-12g. When it passed 8pm me time...I haf this wierd urge to `take just a tiny bite' the forbiden food ( ya know what i mean..not usually ends up tiny-its a killer bite!) and doh! totalling me carb intake like 30 carbs...grrrrrr...
Other being a bad girl..there are days when i strictly follow the rules...i find it kinda hard maintainin a 14g carb meal/day...its like everythin contains carbs and i am honest at evaluating what i eat.. Since i started this low carb diet I've lost 5 lbs -Today i weigh its 169lbs and i am havin my period...Hope my weighing scale gives me better news after me period. Thawt I let yall know me progress...and i really wish could get hold of the Atkins book.

I am glad i join this forum..least now i haf friends around the world that will keep me back on the track...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-01, 08:07
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile hi Tama

Good to hear from you again!

Lots of folks here having struggles with cravings (me too!) so you're not alone. If you have the time, read some posts in our Daily Lowcarber forum ... http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...=&threadid=6244

5 lbs is terrific! That's great.

I'm just curioius why you want to keep the carb intake so low? The Atkins Induction is 20 carbs per day. Then, after two weeks, you begin increasing the carbs slightly .. 5 grams daily for a week, then try adding another 5 grams daily for a week, and so on ... as long as you continue to lose inches and weight. Make sure to eat lots of protein foods ... don't let yourself get hungry ..

You seem to be doing well, and I know how difficult it must be to even find the lowcarb foods (except for meats and vegetables) .. can you find sugar-free drinks, and sugar-free Jello?? These are a real boost, to be able to have the sweet fruit taste, and no carbs. Maybe in the diabetic section?

Keep us posted ..

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 02:37
Registered Member

Plan: Own Combinations, just trying not to exceed 20g/day..Struggling tho
Stats: 174/160/125
BF:
Progress:
Talking Thanks again Doreen!!!

Why I kept me carb low?..I haf a target to shead as much weight as i can and trim down by August ( hope to meet my target )...and according to the fitday i need go down average 4.9lbs a week and i am trying to stick to that...tryin hard...REAL HARD since I've broken that 2 yrs plateau. I just wanna look good again.. and feel good hence I can grow old gracefully...Doreen.

There are sugar free stuffs around here...the jello recommendation sounds like a good one. I will try that maybe will help me cravings towards me evenings.

I sure will keep ya inform of me progress...and definately ya gonna hear from me if fall off the wagon..!!
huugsss..and its a great feel to know sumone out there fa me!!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jun-07-01, 23:40
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking hugs to you too!

Hmm... Tama, I think 4.9 lbs per week is a bit too much to expect!! Some folks do lose 5 or more lbs in the first week or so of Induction, but then things slow down to a steady, but slower rate of loss.

Wa'il has suggested the best guide is 1% of your weight per week. This means that as you lose weight, your loss will be less from week to week. For example, if you are 170 lbs, then it's reasonable to expect to lose 1.7 lbs a week with lowcarbing. However, when you reach 150 lbs, that will slow to 1.5 lbs a week, and so on....

I'm glad you've broken that 2 yrs. plateau! But no more talk of growing old, you're still a young thing, just like me ..

Have you taken your measurements with a measuring tape?? That's another good guide too, since the scales might not show a loss of lbs, but you will have loss of inches (or centimeters).

You'll do fine!!

Doreen