Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 21:59
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 280/270/200
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default a question about MEAT

i am eating turky again specificly ground turky with 15% fat. now the thing that pisses me off is that the CALs are based on it being row, WTF is up with that last i checked eating roaw meat was bad. so how do i know what the CALs are after its cooked? is the some kind of formula to figure it out. the turky im eating is 220 lovely CALs but im sure some of that is being cooked away i mean its hard enough as t is to eat enough CALs a day now let alone losing alot in the cooking. is it a big number?

i do like to have my meat a bit charred on the outside. anyway please help.

also on the cheese issue, i am gonna stick with eating cheese right now cause i need to get the CALs from somewhere, im already looking to start eating 1 lbs of ground turky a day as is is since half a pound dousnt have enough CALs.

as it stand now, woking out in the morning on an empty stomic is not letting me eat till the afternoon. i only have one trip to the YMCA a day and that is in the morning so i need to do my cartio and wieght training in the same trip, and it takes about 3 hours to do it all. so thats not helping too.

my meals look like this at least for the past 2 days.

breakfast/post workout meal:
3 eggs, 6 slices of turky baccan, and 4 ounces of taco cheese on the eggs. oh and a table spoon of Flax seed oil.

lunch/dinner: (its kinda hard to actualy fit in a 3rd meal as im just not hungry)
2 turky burgers, (1/2 lbs ground turky) either 4 ounces of taco cheese or my favorite 2 ounces of smoked swiss.

and 3-4.5 liters of water throughout the day. by the way is that too much or too little water.

ya so i know im not eating enough but damn its friggin hard to do i have almost not hunger part to do i think with the water. so im trying to figure out what to do. since the rest of the week is just cardio i wll be able to eat more since ill get back earlier.

im wondering if i need to worry about eating 3000+ CALs since some one here (i dont remember who) said they were only eating something like 2000+ and they were like my wieght. i way 265 now.

oh ya and im pretty sure im bloated today from yesterdays water intake. i dint piss out anything close to what i drank and i noticed i was puffy today. no biggy though im getting to like water well hope you guys and gals can help me with some of this, sorry for the long post, and thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 09:11

Plan: PP TKD CKD
Stats: 265/220/175
BF:
Progress: 50%

You are correct not to eat your meat raw. The protein content of meat won't change from cooking. It will lose some fat of course. Keep your diet varied. It's risky to just eat a couple of foods. Use different meats, eggs, veggies, salads.
Fitday.com has a lot of different foods with their ratios calculated.
It's better to eat regular meals than to not eat for long periods. It keeps your metab cooking along.
If you are going to the Y in the morning do your weight training first, follow it with cardio, then have a nice meal right after. Protein drinks are good to throw into the mix. When combining your workout like you do, it won't hurt you to have a decent small meal 1 hour before.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 10:08

Plan: CKD
Stats: 190/190/180
BF:6
Progress: 0%
Default Re: a question about MEAT

Quote:
Originally posted by Phade
oh ya and im pretty sure im bloated today from yesterdays water intake. i dint piss out anything close to what i drank and i noticed i was puffy today. no biggy though im getting to like water well hope you guys and gals can help me with some of this, sorry for the long post, and thanks.

Try doing a sodium count on everything you're eating.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 22:30
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 280/270/200
BF:
Progress: 13%

hey Doug well the thing is that i have such a high protein and fat requrement each day and that i used to be vegitarian untill i statred eating chicken and turky again for the CKD that its hard to vary my meals. there is not alot out there to actualy eat that gives me the most protein and fat for my money and calories. and im only eating 10-16 grams of carbs a day so cant really fit in too much vegies though i do here and there. i personaly dont mind eating so few difrent things now i have gotten used to it and i like the challange it presents myself of self controle and disoplin. about the workout though, some here were saying its best to do your cardio in the morning on an empty stomac with something like the ECA stack in there. i know it was also said to do the cardio after your weight lifting. either way though im stuck at the why for a bit, though now im goingthere at 7am so i can get back sooner. i will be doing the 6 meals a day starting next week since i had been doing that before and it was really hard to eat 3200+ cals a day.

hi west im pretty sure my sodium is low why i think it happend was i had not been nor ever have been drinking enough water a day so i think it just took some time for my body to adjust. i am happy to report im urinating quite often now and its damn anoying. im now like all my female friends after tehy drink coffee.

though after all this im now down to 259 from 270 1 week ago. and through all of last week was in ketosis and if the strips are right no matter when i used them it was heavy ketosis.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 18:54

Plan: PP TKD CKD
Stats: 265/220/175
BF:
Progress: 50%

Phade:
This is a link to a sticky over in General Exercise about AM cardio on an empty stomach. See what you think.
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=21258