Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/180/165 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default At Nat's Invitation -- Here I am

Well Hello everyone-

I'm new and excited to be here. I was missing Nat from another board and she suggested I come on over . . .

Hopefully will get lots of great information here (well, I know I will b/c Nat's here) and I'm looking forward to it.

Currently following BFL for my first Challenge and doing pretty well however I am eating less carbs that BFL suggests.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 12:25
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hey there!! I have no doubt that you'll love it here!

Congratulations on your great success thusfar! Let us know how we can help you!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 13:03

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Carol You sure are a lady of action! Good to see you here. I saw that you started a journal, a great idea. You'll get a lot of visitors, not to mention some great support and help.

Have you had a chance to look through the General Exercise forum? Trainerdan has some great information about weight lifting and cardio. And of course, there is the BFL forum.

Not sure if you're aware or not, but Vicki is here as well (fitby55).

Quote:
Currently following BFL for my first Challenge and doing pretty well however I am eating less carbs that BFL suggests.

Quite the understatement - you're eating fewer carbs than I am. I think you'll find a lot of great information on this site. You've been doing BFL a la LC without realizing it, I think.

Cheers!
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 15:37

BF:

What's the best product for fat burning??

I'd love to add a supplement the last 4 weeks to my BFL regimine. Any suggestions as to what works best? I usually do not have any problem with ephedra and that sort of stuff especially since I have been caffiene free!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 16:20

BF:

Carol, the best product is of course muscle If you're interested in learning more about the pros and cons of ECA (ephedra/caffeine/asprin) check out the monster thread in the General Exercise forum - it's stuck at the top and it's chock full of information on what you can do to help tweak your metabolism.

N
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 07:44

BF:

Thanks Nat!

I'll check that out later today, we are prepping for staff meeting now. (Can't you tell??)

I really need to probably take lunch at my desk today to see if I can find motivation to do the weights. I read that the water walking is better than on dry so I'm doing to try that today AFTER LBWO from yesterday for my cardio I basically did half-hartedly on Tuesday. I know a missed workout is a missed work out but . . .

I'm doing ok with the food still but it's just those weights getting me down . . .

This too shall pass . . .
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 08:01

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Carrencut
I'm doing ok with the food still but it's just those weights getting me down . . .

This too shall pass . . .

What exactly is getting you down about the weights? Why not post a general question relating to what you're experiencing in the General Exercise forum? I'm sure others have been there before - perhaps you'd get some ideas.

N