Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 11:32
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Smile Replaced old (bad) cravings for new (healthy) ones??

I was visiting my cousin in another state recently. Unfortunately she is a person who does not keep nutritious foods in the house. If I wanted a healthy meal, we had to go out to a restaurant to get one.

Anyway, I found myself absolutely craving "my" spinach salad with lots of cruncy veggies and vinaigrette. I longed for my protein shake and the nutty taste of flax oil! I counted the days 'til I could play tennis again or feel the ache after a good workout!

And I realized that I had turned a very important corner.... one where I would never again be content with that "other" world of empty calories, sleepin in and lazy evenings on the couch.

Have you noticed such changes in yourself? (Maybe I should send you to my cousin's house for a weekend!!)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 11:51

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

You know.

It is funny. I haven't had a salad in a week. I have had tons of veggies but today I am going nuts for salad.

Crisp ice cold lettuce, tomatos, black olives, grilled chicken breast with some almonds sounds really good.

#3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 12:15

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

I used to hate to exercise. And I was mostly bored with food and a terribly lazy housekeeper (or so I thought).

Now I get angry and feel deprived if I can't walk to the train station (2 miles) in the morning to go to work. I spend my weekends doing projects instead of sitting on the couch or at the computer. I am keeping my house clean without even trying. It's all gotten so easy!

Yes, I've noticed that change. And it is so wonderful! I feel like a whole new person.

;-Deb
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 12:51

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

oh girl, if I don't exercise for 36 hours (at least walk 20 minutes or do 20 minutes of yoga or something), I feel like crap! I feel about twenty years older than I am. Don't take away my exercise!

And yes--I get good cravings now (see my post about my grocery store trip last week!) I fret when I'm out of salad mix or free-range eggs. I look at the stuff on sale at the edges of aisles now and think "ewww--white flour and hydrogenated fats! ewww!"
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 13:55

Plan: Vegetarian Low GI
Stats: 188/179.8/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Yep!

Before LCing I used to eat all my meet with some kind of sauce (usually BBQ or ketsup). Now I mainly eat my meat with my veggies or without any sauce but just spices and find it very tasty.

Tam
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 17:07

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I replaced my Diet Coke addiction with a HUGE thirst for water! Before I started low carbing, I could honestly go days without drinking water (drank diet pop, coffee, etc...instead). As for the exercise...well...I can't honesty say that I love it yet, but over the weekend I found myself wishing that I could go to the gym and work out instead of sitting in the house. How wierd is that???
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jun-12-02, 15:38

Plan: Eat Food
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Craving Vegies

About a month ago or so, I did a week of pure protein and couldn't hardly wait to get to the store to buy my vegies!

I'm hooked, and as each day passes, I'm enjoying them more and more. What a change!

I, like DebPenny, am doing more after work. I used to crawl home and hibernate, but not any more! I'm gardening (which I would save for the weekends), painting, reading, walking, just in general absolutely loving life!!!!!