Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 15:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Talking Cod Livers In Cod Liver Oil

Hi there,

Does anyone have the stats on Cod Livers in their own oil? I've got a stack of tins which I bought in the Czech Republic which I am munching my way through. They are lovely on a piece of low carb toast with a little lemon juice and green onion, but I don't know the nutrition count for them, I know they are mainly protein and fat, but do they have ANY carbs in them at all???????

Also will the oil have as much nutritional value as pure cod liver oil? They do have a little salt added but that's the livers only I think as the oil on its own does not taste at all salty.

Grateful for any experts out there.

Also, if I scrambled some with eggs in their own oil will it kill the nutrients?? like heating flaxseed oil??

Thank you
Banana
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-14-02, 16:35

Plan: atkins/protein power 1st
Stats: 269/278/210 Male 5 feet 10 ins.
BF:33%/30%/ ?
Progress: -15%
Default Cod Livers

There should be next to no carbs in the cod livers. If you put the cod livers in as the eggs are nearly done they should be OK. But use butter as the initial fat in the pan. Butter will survive the raw heat better.

"Butter will survive the raw heat better" ?....... sounds a bit like "theres nothing better than a Kwik Fit fitter"

Now whenever you put butter in the pan, you, like me, will not get that silly ditty out of your head all day. Am I evil or what?
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 09:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Talking Thanks Rustpot

Thanks there Rustpot, knew I could count on you to come up with something, I'll 'never put a better bit of butter' on my cod livers!!

Banana