Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 08:15

Plan: atkins
Stats: &;250//140
BF:
Progress:
Question best breading?

I was just wondering which, of the plethora of baking/breading mixes available, people find the best for meatloaf, meatballs, or for breading and sauteing cutlets? Not only in taste, but in consistency as well.

Thanks,

world
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 08:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post Pork rinds and parmesen cheese...

I send my pork rinds through the food processor until they are fine...

...and then season them as I like (garlic powder, pepper, onion powder, parmesan cheese), drudge cutlets through egg mix and coat with rinds.

Things bake or fry up very nicely and are even better cold.

Don't worry if pork rinds don't appeal to you as a snakc (not to me either), because they work amazingly well this way.

I've used this for chicken, veal, pounded steak (country fried steak), even baked chops.

Enjoy!

Donald
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 15:14
Contributing Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 255/239/234 Female 5' 5" and a half!
BF:
Progress: 76%

I tried pork rinds ... but it just didn't do it for me. However, I may not have had them ground down enough.

I've been SURPRISINGLY happy with Atkins bake mix myself! I use it like I would flour when I deep fry things. And I can't tell the difference. DH gives it a thumbs up as well, and he's not Lcing. I've been Lcing for 8 weeks so may be my tastes are a bit skewed.

After reading many posts, it sounds like the Atkins muffins are really good and real world. I plan to try those. I've read good things about Keto Baking mix as well.

Hope this helps. It may add to the confusion.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-09-02, 17:48
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

You might want to have a peak (or a SEARCH for 'breading') in the LowCarb Kitchen forum at this site, as well.

All kinds of ideas there, I'm sure!