Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 09:14

Plan: Atkins (89)
Stats: 221/159/150 Female 66
BF:sizes:18W/ 8 /6-4
Progress: 87%
Question Exercise and the flu

I have pretty much gotten over having the flu and being bed ridden for 5 days of the past week. As of today I'm feeling (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being horrible) about a 2-3. I was thinking of heading back to the classes tonight (45 minutes high intensity workout.)
I'm curious if it would be in my best interest to wait a couple more days or head back tonight. My biggest fear is this could cause me to relapse and get sick again (Which I REALLY don't want. )

Any advice would be apprieciated.

Melissa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 09:17

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I woud wait. You don't want to overdo it. You might regret it later. Instead of a high intensity workout why not comprimise and try a walk?

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 17:39

Plan: Atkins (89)
Stats: 221/159/150 Female 66
BF:sizes:18W/ 8 /6-4
Progress: 87%
Default Thanks Nat

I knew I shouldn't go (and I'm not now ) But I was hoping that someone would have some amazing info on high intensity training helping getting over a bad cold/flu ) I never did think about a walk.

Thanks again!!!!

Melissa
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 19:07

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Melissa, the way the doc explained it to me is this: If you have been exercising and all your symptoms are above your neck then you may continue at a somewhat lessened intensity. If your symptoms are below the neck cease and dessist. And Never start and exercise program if you're not completely healed. The flu, being respiratory in nature, would mean no workout until you're healed. Just think of all the people you didnt infect tonight

Nat