Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-08, 08:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 209/198.7/160 Female 62 in
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Switching, grocery list please...

Hi. I am switching from Atkins to SBD for the variety it offers. I was wondering if any of you could post brands of things you buy, like which butter spread type, which no sugar added fudge sicles, etc. I have the food list from Judy's journal and I have gone to the SBD website. I have a fair grasp on the items we can eat, just not sure of the processed packaged stuff that we can eat, besides the SBD products. Also have read some posts saying unlimited amounts of protein with the meal, is that accurate? I ask because it could add up in calories even if eating SBD approved meats and I am a person who does has the calories in/calories out determines weight mentality. Thanks for any responses and links beforehand and special thanks to Judy for your journal.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-08, 09:20
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovimylife
Hi. I am switching from Atkins to SBD for the variety it offers. I was wondering if any of you could post brands of things you buy, like which butter spread type, which no sugar added fudge sicles, etc. I have the food list from Judy's journal and I have gone to the SBD website. I have a fair grasp on the items we can eat, just not sure of the processed packaged stuff that we can eat, besides the SBD products. Also have read some posts saying unlimited amounts of protein with the meal, is that accurate? I ask because it could add up in calories even if eating SBD approved meats and I am a person who does has the calories in/calories out determines weight mentality. Thanks for any responses and links beforehand and special thanks to Judy for your journal.

I use Smart Balance spread
NSA Fudgsicles are the brand name.
It is best to avoid processed packaged foods as much as possible. Including all the Kraft SBD foods!!
Careful on the unlimited protein....start out with 4-5 ozs at a meal and have large portions of veggies....eat slowly, wait for the full feeling and if it does not come after 20 minutes, then you can have seconds. This is from the book and meal plan charts. I did this to learn to feel the full feeling and not overeat!!

HTH!