Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-00, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/173/135
BF:38/36/20
Progress: 7%
Talking

Well, I can officially say that I made it through the holiday season without breaking my WOL and without gaining a single pound! Woo Hoo! I am indescribably proud of myself over the whole thing too! Last year Christmas was my downfall and I gained about 13lbs back with unrestricted gobbling of everything in sight. This year I was very restrained and didn't feel one bit cheated either! The pride I feel is certainly much more worth it than the carbs would have been!

How did the rest of you fair? Hopefully well. Happy New Year and happy whooshing to all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-31-00, 14:31
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

That's fantastic Gopher! Wish I could say the same...

Too much cookie baking = the eating of too many cookies.I cooked for Christmas Eve, Christmas dinner and Boxing Day buffet. None of that interested me--only the cookies.

I have been sugar-free for four days again and coming down with a cold which should put me back on track. I am never tempted when sick.

Happy New Year to you too!

Karen

Progress, not perfection
Progress, not perfection
Progress, not perfection
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-01, 03:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Arrow Whew.

Well, I made it too, but I haven't a clue about the weight as I haven't got on a scale. Down With The Tyranny Of The Scale!!

Actually, I quit smoking on December 1st and vowed (a Millenium Challenge on the Atkins-New Mailing List) to stay on the LC WOL at least through to the new Millenium. Did it; won't say it was easy but survived. Lots of (legal) treats, kind of left volume out of the equation. Feeling a mite, say, puffier BUT still wearing the size 12, so I'm fine with that. Officially "renewed" the vows this morning so there's no going back now, is there?

PS: Karen, I've noticed over the last two years that cold and flu, if I get them at all, are considerably reduced. Lots of folks on the Lists report the same thing as long as they stay away from the carbs. Is it your experience as well? Do you feel this cold may have been made worse with the cookie extravaganza?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-01, 11:09
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:

PS: Karen, I've noticed over the last two years that cold and flu, if I get them at all, are considerably reduced. Lots of folks on the Lists report the same thing as long as they stay away from the carbs. Is it your experience as well? Do you feel this cold may have been made worse with the cookie extravaganza?

Could be...

Actually the cold hasn't happened yet. It could have been the symptoms of de-carbing I was experiencing instead. I did catch a cold in October though, and was not sugaring it up at the time. Lots of people report a decrease in colds\flu when low-carbing, but I have not been one of them. As you pointed out though, they are not as severe as they were before LC.

K