Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 12:51

Plan: adtkins
Stats: 290/235/220
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Thermogenics

Ok, I bought some "Thermo Lean" Thermos' before I started Atkins LC diet. Can I still take these on the diet.??

I'm finding my endurance is severly lacking during workouts. Prior to Atkins I could lift weights for many sets with no Fatigue. Now Under Induction with Atkins I find my endurance severely lacking, what am I doing wrong, or what can I take to solve it without boosting Carbs. I also take about 3 Centrum's per day.

any suggestions
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 13:20

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Flog, feeling 'funky' and not up to your old levels when you start LCing is quite normal. It is advised that you put all activities on hold for the first few weeks to let your body adjust to burning a new kind of fuel. You work your way back up to your pre LC levels and quite soon you've got more energy and strength than before. However, keep in mind that if you're resistance training and trying to maintain Induction level carbs something will suffer - usually you'll end up 'bonking' out (feeling tired and listless) 20g a day of carbs isnt enough for this kind of strenuous exercise. Boosting carbs to 30 - 40g EC (usually around 60g carbs - 20g fiber) is probably unavoidable. And that's not a bad thing - you need carbs to build muscle and muscle will burn fat. You'll end up ahead of the game, I know I have

Taking a thermogenic is something that has been discussed at greath length on this forum, here's the result of a search I performed

I'm not sure taking 3 centrums a day is a good idea - you should always follow the directions on the bottle. You might want to think about supplementing with magnesium and potassium - both help with muscle fatigue and cramping.

HTH
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 14:09

Plan: adtkins
Stats: 290/235/220
BF:
Progress: 79%
Talking DOH!

That really sucks, I love working out. I just want to make sure I don't lose anything I have built up over the last Million hours in the gym. That's the whole reason I started this thing, 12 hours per week working out and lose nothing(actually gain weight). If I lose muscle mass on this thing, it sort of taints the results somewhat. I'm zonking everyday right about now........

Tell that to your doctor...he doesn't care, your BMI is too high. I feel sorry for the entire NFL....everyone is obese
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-02, 15:31

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

FLOG-
You should check out the CKD forum also. Different plans work for different people. Personally, the CKD works for me but everyone is different.

Linda