Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 13:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/176/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%
Question Does Atkins Limit Eggs?

Hi everyone! It's been a long while since I've done Atkins. I did it for about 2 years in 98/99. I've read the book over and over, but it's been a while and now I can't find it. I'm going to go buy the new one as soon as I can (mine didn't do the net carb thing yet...it was a long time a go!) ANYWAY....does anyone remember if there's a limit to how many eggs you should eat in one day or week? They're one of my favorites and it's so easy to eat a hardboiled egg when you need a quick snack and the kids are climbing all over you! But, I have 2 usually for breakfast right now...should I not have anymore?

Thanks for the help everyone. I'm loving this site and all the tools it offers. It feels so good to be back in the Atkins zone! Jenna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 13:53
Creating a new Me!

Stats: 300/252.0/170 Female 63 1/2 in
BF:TOO **** HIGH
Progress: 37%

Atkins doesn't list a limit on eggs. They do have a small amount of Carbs though, 0.6 I think...so like sweeteners, dairy, etc...they could add up. I like eggs more than meat and I've been eating them daily with no problem. I've done alot of looking around forum, and tons of people here keep hard-boiled or deviled eggs on hand for a quick LC snack.

Enjoy--and pick up the new book as soon as you can..its full of great info. I picked up mine at Walmart for $6--Mercy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 14:51

Plan: was Atkins now PāNu
Stats: 292.5/195/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaleigh
does anyone remember if there's a limit to how many eggs you should eat in one day or week? They're one of my favorites and it's so easy to eat a hardboiled egg when you need a quick snack and the kids are climbing all over you! But, I have 2 usually for breakfast right now...should I not have anymore?

No, Atkins does not specifically limit eggs, in fact, he calls it the perfect food

1) The only limits imposed are to eat until satisfied but not stuffed.
2) Eggs have trace amounts of carbs, but you'd need to eat a heck of a lot of them, so see #1 about that one

I have eaten eggs every day pretty much for a year, and I have no problems...
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 15:01

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Eggs are great - eat as many as you like, just count the carbs. I go through 18 or so a week.

Take care and good luck, Julie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-06, 15:28

Stats: 190/176/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Thanks, guys! Y'all are all so helpful! I guess there's still something from the 90's in the back of my head telling me to limit my egg intake!

I think I'm gona like it here!