Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Salads Veggies & Side Dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 11:32
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/164/135 Female 64in.
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default The Best Cauliflower Ever

I had this at my grandmas for xmas, and i swear its the best cauliflower i have ever eaten.

1 head cauliflower
1cup mayo.
1cup grated parmesean
1tbls.lemon juice
1tsp.dijon mustard

steam your cauliflower till fork tender [the whole thing uncut, dont let it get mushy]
mix rest of ingredients in a bowl
when cauliflower is ready put in a baking dish take the mixture and frost the cauliflower bake in a 350 oven until top is golden, serve and enjoy!! im not sure of the carb. count ill have to check on that but i dont think it could be too many.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-31-04, 00:08

Plan: Protein Power/6WBM
Stats: 181.5/139/129 Female 66"
BF:55%/27.5%/22%
Progress: 81%

Wow, sounds terrific - I'll have to try it! My favorite cauliflower recipe is the South Beach "Mashed Potatoes" recipe (where cauliflower masqureades as potatoes - so yummy, I could eat the entire bowl - but don't!) Everyone I have served them to just raves about it.

I don't think the carb content could be TOO high - but doublecheck the mayo. Also, be wary of the fat content with the mayo and the parmesan, but when you figure it's distributed over an entire head of cauliflower, that brings the total fat and/or carbs per serving WAY down.

Thanks!

Michelle