Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 08:00

Plan: *Atkins*
Stats: 120/120/105 Female 5ft
BF:?
Progress: 0%
Default E Diets

Is EDiets a good way to loose weight?...following there meal plans?....does anyone know?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 08:14
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I think EDiets offer a variety of meal plans, including low-fat, low-carb — whatever works for you. I have no experience using them; I only know that they offer help with plans like Atkins (which they may charge you for; not sure).
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 08:30
PuertoRican Princess

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/236/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 38%

I think they do charge, which is why I never joined.

If your looking for meals check out the recipes section in HOME page.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 09:05

Plan: Lyle Style FD
Stats: 143/124.5/123 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:24.8%
Progress: 93%

E-diets is rather expensive for something you can get here for free. But - if you need to be "told" what to eat and when to eat it, then maybe it is for you. I used e-diets about 4 years ago way before I started this WOE. It limited me to about 1300 calories a day with low fat and lower protein than I eat now. Needless to say, I didn't lose weight and I was always starving, which led me to bad eating binges. In fact, I went as far as brainwashing myself to believe that a growling stomach was a good thing and a normal state.

Anyway, it gives you a daily/weekly meal plan, and then you can customize it (change food items you don't like for ones you do) and print out a grocery list. Of course, the grocery list doesn't take into account things you may already have, so you have to go through and edit the grocery list. To me it seemed like I was doing everything myself anyway, so why pay for it!

They have a support forum, but when I was on it hardly anyone posted. It wasn't anything like this.

So if you can try it for free, then go for it. Otherwise, if you can plan a meal or write a grocery list, in my opinion, it isn't worth it.

Joan
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 09:01

Stats: 190/165/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 45%

I used e-diets before I found this forum. They did charge like 2.99 a week but you had to pay like 8 weeks in advance. It was neat in the way that they would prepare your shopping list for you and you could pick out what type of foods you like and didn't like. However it seemed they promoted a lot of "Atkins" food for you to buy on their site. They would also tell you to eat an Atkins bagel in the mornings while you are on induction. To me it was definitely not worth the money besides the grocery list was so long and complicated I would have had to spend 3Xs the money I spend now. I find much more helpful information on this site than on the one that I actually paid for. I think they seem to have a lot of members so it must work for some people. But, not for me. Good luck in your decision.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 09:31
Anyone?? Bueller?

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

I found eDiets to be a huge waste of $$.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 09:32
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I have a friend that loves e-diets, but basically she doesn't like to devote any time or thought to shopping or preparing meals. For her, it works. Me, I'd probably hate it! I like being in charge of my diet.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 09:43
This is the year

Stats: 194/186.8/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

I tried Ediets twice. The first time was when they just started. I did the low fat low cal thing (even though I had been doing LC for years, but was stuck and wanted to try something different). At that time, I was single with no kids and had the time to devote to being online getting the recipes etc. But I didn't lose any weight after 6 weeks of trying and didn't renew my subscription. THe 2nd time I tried it was (this year) after they introduced the Atkins plan and offered me a trial of $2.99 per week, but had to pay for minimum of 3 weeks. They offer 3 options for generating your grocery list and your menus. 1. cook at home mostly. 2. cook home some, eat out some. 3. eat out a lot. I chose the second since I was now married with a new baby and didn't have the time to give to a lot of cooking. I stuck to it for the 3 weeks BUT my grocery bill was double what it normally cost (due to buying more of the pre-packaged LC foods), and I couldn't get online much to take advantage of the support etc that they offer. I lost about 5 lbs over the 3 weeks. I think that ediets is a good place if you can give time to being online, and if you have time (and money) to spend on groceries. I don't think they follow the Induction phase to a T, and I think they put way too many of the packaged foods into the menu on a daily basis.

I have found that getting my support from this forum, getting recipes from here and other LC sites, and using the Atkins site to generate a shopping list for recipes used there is as effective as eDiets was, and free.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 10:18
Brown-Eyed Girl

Stats: 260/153/155 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 102%

A friend of mine used e-diets when we first started LC. It helped to give her some ideas of what foods to cook, etc., but otherwise, I think she thought it was a waste of money. She kept it for the required time and then cancelled right away.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 11:13
Registered Member

Plan: south beach
Stats: 138/123/117 Female 66
BF:
Progress:

hi luvely, this is an unrelated question, as i have never tried e-diets, but i was wondering why your still asking questions on this forum if you thought it was so negative and horrible? don't get me wrong, i am glad to see you are still around and honestly hope your doing better. But I hope this time you will actually listen to all the wisdom given you instead of immediately dismissing it. I have found that most people here are very caring and willing to help, but it is kind of insulting when they give advice and it is ignored repeatedly. I am not trying to be rude, just my 2 cents.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 11:35

Plan: *Atkins*
Stats: 120/120/105 Female 5ft
BF:?
Progress: 0%
Talking ok

well i am back, i am going to start up tomm i just want some ideas...and i do listen, im sorry if u all feel i dont listen, and im sorry i repeat myself wiht ?'s but i am really intrested in loosing weight and ir eally want to do t his...tomm is my BIG day!
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-07-04, 20:20
Registered Member

Plan: simple low carb :)
Stats: 165/157/150 Female 67"
BF:Have a boyfriend!
Progress: 53%

you keep saying you are going to start tomorrow. and then, you are going to start tomorrow. and then, tomorrow. exactly what are you going to "start"? i don't get it. you don't even know what you should eat. you think sugar free jello is a hearty meal. you thought you couldn't eat egg yolks. you have an atkins book!

and who is going to be paying for e-diets? you? your boyfriend? your dad?
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 05:43
fierce!

Plan: TGDW
Stats: -/-/- Female 64
BF:
Progress: 73%

I am highly suspicious of any diet that requires payment up front.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 06:38

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 260/174/150 Male 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I've been reading some of the posts by luvley and I just wanted to lend my thoughts. I really wish you would listen to the great advice given by the people of this group. Luvley, you shouldn't be worrying about a "diet" (whether LC or not) or "losing weight" right now.

You need to worry about getting back to eating 3 good, normal meals a day. I think you know what you're eating (or not eating) is not a healthy meal.

You need to worry about how you're starving (yes starving) yourself. What you should start *today* is to stop worrying about your weight and appearance.

So today, please go see a doctor immediately and explain your situation like you have done on this forum. The people on this forum are really nice and supportive, but they're not going to be able to give you the help you need. You really need to open up like you have here to a doctor and he/she will be able to really help you.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-04, 06:03
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Now I would think that EDiets would be a great thing for someone like Luvley. You seem to be at a loss for what you can and can not eat. And a lot of your daily food choices not going to give you what you are looking for. SO if you can follow the menu as they give it to you. And eat all they tell you to than I think this would be a great choice.

I know you are pretty young, so I assume you will need your mothers help and support with this. Talk to her, let her know your concerns for you weight, and what you are eating. She will most likely be very happy to get you on a healthy eating plan.