Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 12:14
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/155/125 Female 5'10''
BF:23.7
Progress: 45%
Default supplements

hey there- i'm on my fifth week, still in induction. i've been in a stall- which i know is quite normal at this point- for the last two weeks. i just have a question about my supplements- more so about WHEN to take them. i just read that you shouldn't take metamucil tablets with any other tablets b/c they absorb differently, ok. so here's my day breakdown.

am, before meal- vitamin c, b-complex, lcarnitine, co-q10, multi, and i just added potassium

lunch, before meal- lcarnitine, co-q10, potassium

dinner, before meal- lcarnitine, co-q10, potassium

before bed- 2 metamucil caplets

drinking LOTS of water- nothing but, actually. and i keep reading about how the lcarnitine and co-q10 broke people's stalls,but that's not happeneing for me. just want to know if i should change when/how i'm taking this stuff. thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 12:31

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

can you post what you are eating that may help give us some ideas as to why you are stalling. i think your supplements look fine. i tried the l-carnitine and it didn't work with my stall either. i've stalled for almost 2months, and what finally seems to be turning it around for me is lowering my calories to around 1300-1400. i was somewhere around 1800 cals before. Everyone's different, some people seem to actually break their stall by adding more calories.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 12:34

Plan: carb/cal cycling
Stats: 176/136/125 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 78%

oh i also think you are right, the stalling sounds like the one just about everyone experiences around the 3 week mark. i wouldn't be too concerned unless it continues, then you may want to try and make some changes.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-30-04, 23:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/182/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

Also be sure to measure periodically. A lot of people lose inches when they're not losing pounds.