Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-04, 15:52

Plan: SBD from Atkins
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5'7
BF:35.5
Progress: 0%
Default High blood pressure

I'm on high blood pressure meds and also having pinched nerves thru my hips, and butt and lower back.

(I sit in front of a comutor all day which does not help)

I was going to join the gym at work, but my dr says no heavy lifting!!

I'm usually so darn tired after work and rushed before work.

Any ideas on exercise?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 12:38

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvenom
I'm on high blood pressure meds and also having pinched nerves thru my hips, and butt and lower back.

(I sit in front of a comutor all day which does not help)

I was going to join the gym at work, but my dr says no heavy lifting!!

I'm usually so darn tired after work and rushed before work.

Any ideas on exercise?

Walking is always a good exercise. Take a walk during your lunch break. To avoid the too tired after work problem, walk before you go into the house. I have found that if I go home and sit down, it is much harder to want to exercise. If I take a walk before going home, then it is much easier.

Good luck on which ever exercise program you go with.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-04, 20:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/243/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Me Too!

I bought a one month membership to a rec centre where I can go and walk on the tredmill. Because of my blood pressure and pain in my back and hips it is really helpful, I can check my blood pressure as I walk and I hang on to the tredmill which relieves the pain in my back and legs. I started with walking for 20 minutes, which I thought was going to kill me. Then two days a week, then three and so on. I am still at about 3 days a week for 30 minutes but start to increase to 4 days a week next week. The recreation centre charges me $33.00 per month of $90.00 for 3 months.
I always had an excuse for not walking outside, rain, sun, insects, wind but there is no excuse now and I keep telling myself I deserve it. Commit to it and go, it is worth it.
Good Luck!