Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 14:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/170/128 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default ketchup london ontario canada

i have just been into my local gnc store and they have so many new products,they now carry atkins ketchup,she is getting the wraps in this week,but i just bought these great sweet rolls banana walnut 3.8net carbs this company sells hoagies hamburg buns all abot the same carb count.their website is www,osolo.com if any of you long term locarbers could check there products see if we can use them on induction i would appreciate it.gnc also as the hoagies and the hamburg buns,also a low fat low carb pudding mix havent tried it yet,the company is pvl gourmet puddings ,banana,caramel,and butterscotch,think im gonna have a real hamburger this weekend lol

Last edited by y2valerie : Tue, May-18-04 at 14:46. Reason: wrong spelling
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 18:09

Plan: new revolution
Stats: 251/214/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 35%

while on induction you are not suppose to have any of that
Only what is listed in the book
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 16:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/179/130 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hi Y2Valerie

Which GNC did you go to as I'm also in London and would like to get the wraps for the future.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 19:09
Registered Member

Stats: 170/170/128 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink tortillas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired
Hi Y2Valerie

Which GNC did you go to as I'm also in London and would like to get the wraps for the future.

tired i got mine in whiteoaks gnc,but sangsters in westmount mall have them also,as for having them on induction it says you can have a atkins tortilla so i have wrote them with the info from my wraps see if we can have them.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 17:10

Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

You can get Orowheat wraps at Zehrs, in with the regular wraps in the bakery section, I found them this week in Woodstock. They are not for induction, but they are 10 net carbs per wrap. 6 for 2.99 which is not too bad. I don't intend to have them very often, have frozen them for later use. Also hubby found Oliviera Carb wise pasta in my local Valumart, deli section in with the prepared salads, 3.99 for 2 servings, but they do have 26 carbs, so definitely wouldn't want to be having them very often, even in maintenance. Pricey in dollars and carbs I'd say.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jun-03-04, 12:57
Registered Member

Stats: 195/179/130 Female 5 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 25%

Thanks Wils & y2Valerie.

I live by Whiteoaks so I'll check it out. Do you live close to there too?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 18:00

Stats: 210/180/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Actually I'm in St Marys, but work in Woodstock. So I check out Sobeys, Zehrs, Valu Mart, Food Basics, everywhere. I am always on the prowl for low carbproducts, and checking labels. I found a really good spaghetti sauce at sobeys. Vitale, that has only 4.2 carbs per 1/2 cup for 2.99.That's lower than the so called Carb Options sauce at considerably more.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 17:08

Plan: Isocaloric
Stats: 205/193/195 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

I'm also in London, ON. There's a store called Herc's at the corner of Wonderland and Sarnia Rd that has a pretty good selection of low carb foods. They have the low-carb tortilla wraps. It's not a huge selection, but some pretty good prices. They might be getting out of the low-carb foods so it might be a good time to get some deals.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-25-04, 19:32

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

I know that some products say they are "fine for Induction" but it could really be so much better to spend the two weeks eating only the foods on the Induction List. Gets you off to the best start.