Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 450/387/125 Female 62 inches
BF:110%
Progress: 19%
Default New kid needs encouragement

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Indigo]Hi,
I have been doing Atkins for 3 and half months. My hubby and daughter are doing it, too. They are alot closer to their goal weights than I am because they had alot less to lose. Everyone keeps telling them how good they look and so on. No one has noticed my loss. It started to bug after a while. We have all lost pretty close to the same amount, but I can it is easier to tell on them. Anyway, I started slippin' a little here and there and really had a hey day this weekend. I decided yesterday to make a new commitment to this and found this site and signed up. I have a long way to go and my family does encourage me, but I thought maybe this would help 'cause obviously I am weaker than I thought. Any advice for the long haul will be appreciated. 'Cause I'm goin' to be at this for awhile. [FONT=Fixedsys]
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:24
Determined2bSlim

Stats: 225/185/150 Female 5'8"
BF:35.1/no idea/20
Progress: 53%

Hey there sisbogart. You are doing so awesome! You've lost almost 60 pounds in less than 4 months! What an accomplishment!

I know it's hard when people don't notice the results of all your hard work but try not to let that deter you. As long as you know you are doing good and family is supporting you, screw the rest of the world!

Also, don't let one day of falling off the wagon get you down. It's not going to make you gain back the weight that you have lost so far. Yes, the scale might go up a bit and that will most likely be water retention. Just get back in the swing of things and keep going. I have fallen off the wagon so many times since I started Atkins but I always get back up and keep moving forward.

Keep coming back here for support. Start a journal on here too. You can find out how to do that on the intro board I think. It does really help knowing that there are people out there struggling with the same issues that you are struggling with.

Chin up girl. You are off to a great start!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:33
~Return to Reality~

Plan: LCHF also RNY Bypass
Stats: 288.8/183.6/159 Female 5'7"
BF:I/don't/know
Progress: 81%

Hi sisbogart! Welcome to the forum and congrats on what you have already lost.

I agree -- one day will not make you gain back all you have already lost. You are very strong to pick up and just keep going. It's a way of life now for all of us here on the TDC -- we are committed to this for the long run and we welcome you into our family!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 16:26

Stats: 260/208.8/130 Female 5 FT 5 IN
BF:
Progress: 39%

Welcome! You have had fantastic results....keep it up! Your fair share of positive comments are just around the corner and in the long run your results will be even more dramatic. Stick with it and don't let all that you have accomplished slip away.

TDC is here to cheer you on!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 17:10

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome Aboard!

Wow you have an amazing loss! I have lost 29 pounds and no one but my partner (who is biased) has said a thing. But I can sure feel the difference in my clothes!

Hang in there and reach out for help when you have a rough time. We have all had them!

Orchid
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 17:26
Contributing Member

Plan: ???
Stats: ???/???/??? Female ???
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Sis
What's great about this forum is everyone has or had a long way to go and understands your journey. I know how frustrating it can be when husbands lose fast and young daughters, with their fast metabolisms, leave you behind in their dust.
Congratulations on the great progress you've made and welcome!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 18:32

Thanks everybody! Just reading these few posts and I already love it here.
Don't have much time, just want to let ya'll know I appreciate the response.
It certainly seems I am not alone!!
Toodles
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 18:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: ***/***/*** Female 62
BF:
Progress: 3%

hi Sis Welcome and congrats on your loss so far
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 18:46

Plan: Atkins/induction
Stats: 329/293.5/200 Female 5 feet 2.5inches
BF:
Progress: 28%

Sis. 60 pounds is nothing to turn up your nose at you know. I have lost about 69 since last May and I have found that it took longer for my friends to start noticing my weight loss this time than before. Now I can't go out that they are not telling me How good I look and haven't I lost more. I have been stalled for the last few months but I just smile and tell them thank you knowing that this stall will pass. I had a bad weekend but it is over now so onward we move.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 19:35

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Congratulations on your success so far. It does take awhile for people to notice, but boy, once they do, it's great. I try not to thing about other people's reactions since I'm really doing this for myself. But it is nice to get that feed back.

Glad to see you found us!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:16

Wow,

Ya'll are great!
I got up the courage to go weigh last night. I have to weigh at a freight scale at the hospital. I haven't weighed in 3 weeks or so. AND I AM DOWN TO 287!!!!
YEEEE HAWWWWW!!!

I feel stronger and ready to blaze a trail again. The kind words from ya'll are so uplifting. It was just what I needed.

TOODLES!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:17

oops I meant 387! LOL THAT would REALLY be dramatic!! LOL
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 19:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Welcome!! Dont' worry about it not being noticed, it took quite a while for anyone to mention mine as well -not so much becuase it hadn't been noticed, but becuase a lot of people are afraid to broach the subject of weight loss these days. You sound like you are doing a fantastic job, and you will get there, and get noticed soon enough! In the meantime, just stick to it, and I look forward to getting to know you
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 11:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

congratulations! you are doing wonderful! someone mentioned earlier, but i think it needs restating....people are often afraid to say something because it might come out wrong? or be interpreted wrong? so don't worry about that a bit! just keep on doing whatever you're doing because you're doing great!
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 14:46

Stats: 310/288.5/135 Female 5'6 and a half
BF:too ***#* much
Progress: 12%

Hey sisbogart! Don't worry about it. You've lost over 63lbs so far!!!! That's rock'n!! A lot of people are not going to notice very fast. People just won't see. And then pow!!! Everyone will notice that you look fab and you'll get enough compliments that your head will spin.
I just thin that you're very lucky to have the support of your family like that!! I only wish! ttyl!