Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 01:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 343/244/225 Male 6 ft 1 in
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default I had a great weekend....

(I Know This is Long, sorry!)
Well, I can honestly say that this WOE is probably the best thing that has happened to me. I've lost about 40-some pounds, but even though my clothes all became way too baggy, I just have not noticed that much of a change. From what happened this weekend, I finally noticed a difference. I went out to a bar down here at college fri. and I wore some smaller clothes i bought because all my other clothes really dont fit anymore. Many of the people I saw i have seen on a daily basis since I started Atkins. I also tucked in my shirt for the first time in forever. Every single person I saw, everyone, could not believe how different I looked. I could not believe it. I also received very positive attention from some ladies (now I can probably get a G/F! ha ha). The point of all of this is do all of you have a moment kind of like this? Is it not a the best feeling ever?

Ps. I work at applebee's as a cook and I kind of cheated this weekend (I had a couple boneless chicken wings, some onion peels, a couple fries, etc.) It sounds like a lot but i only had probably a bite of each, I had to work with a hangover so I needed some grease! Sorry!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 01:54

Stats: 234/160.8/150 Female 173
BF:37%/27%/23%
Progress: 87%

Hello SlimRyan
Hurrah for you.

That is a fantastic post.

Yes, it is great when people first start to notice!
Such a feeling of confidence and feel good all rolled into one!

I have no doubt you will soon have a girlfriend as your sexy strong body emerges. Just remember to select wisely for a really nice one that could always see past the weight issue to the really cool guy you are!

Do the same when you are looking for one. Look at the inside and then work on the outside. Because you have gone through it yourself you know what it means.

I am so happy for you and know that if you keep this up, you can achieve the healthy body you want.
Good Luck!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 03:07

Stats: 222/178.4/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 50%

Yes, I know how you feel. No one was noticing anything different about me, even though I don't see my colleagues regularly, so I figured someone should have seen something different! Then, someone noticed while I was at a conference, and it was such a rush! I think it feels better because we can't really see a difference since the weighloss seems fairly painless, but intellectually, we know there must be a difference (our clothes are baggy, the scales read lighter) and it is reassuring to know that we look better now to others.

Way to go.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 04:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 162/136/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%
Smile

congrats!! Its always good to hear people comment on your weightloss. I think b/c you never really see it inyourself no matter how much you lose so its very encouraging when people tell you otherwise, keep up the good work
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 05:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 270/215/150 Female 5'4
BF:not sure
Progress: 46%

Good for you! It feels great when people notice the changes doesn't it?...as for the girlfriend finding - make sure you find one that wants you - not just the image she sees!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 08:29

Plan: Atkins, keto
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 67.5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Don't you just love it? The moment validates all of your hard work. I"m so happy for you!