Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 16:46

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Cholesterol down to 3.5 from 5.2

Well.. I went to have my 3 month blood work up and went to see my doctor yesterday. This is the Doctor that asked me to go onto Atkins for my diabetes and weight 3 months ago. He was very very happy that I took his advice (and so am I). Actually... he was asking me so many question about the Woe.. how I feel, how my moods are, he knows i'm doing it in a healthy way with lots of veges and real food too. He told me yesterday he actually followed the plan himself just to see what it was like for himself. What a great doctor, how lucky am I to have found him.

The results...

Weight loss..... 25 pounds (down fronm 3 months ago)

Blood pressure 125 over 70.... perfect (and down from 3 months ago)

Total Cholesterol 3.5.... perfect (and down from 3 months ago)
Triglycerides 1.0
HDL Cholesterol 1.0
LDL Cholesterol 2.0

My blood sugar is still a just touch above what he would like, but has more than halved, so very happy with that.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 17:55
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 320/270/150 Female 5'6"
BF:62% 55% 25%
Progress: 29%

Wonderful results, congratulations, and keep up the wonderful work. Take care

Treese
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 18:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

Good to hear you found a doctor who is supporting you in your battle to get the diabetes under control. good work on the weight lose. Keep it up.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 20:50

Stats: 298.2/216.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:definately....
Progress: 55%

Congratulations! Later this month I will see my doctor for the first time since starting this, and I have no idea if she'll be supportive. I did see her briefly in January, but didn't mention the change in eating -- just got the forms to go have blood work done, which I finally got around to last week. My numbers aren't great, but they aren't awful, either -- unfortunately, I don't know what they were in December!

It's encouraging to know that there are doctors who are supportive. At least I'll be able to show a weight loss, which should make her happy.

Marie H
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 20:53

Stats: 235/153/135 Female 5'0
BF:
Progress: 82%

That's terrific Luscious!

My doctor is supportive as well, so they are out there. I may have been helped out because her nurse is following the WOL and having great success (and extolling the virtues to the whole office ).

Good luck with your doctor Marie.

Rocky