Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 18:06

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default Lo Carb opening up in my old town

I was in downtown Tustin, today and spotted a low carb Cafe. Can you believe it?!? It is next to the vegetarian restarant called Rutabegorz ( only in California ).
I am going there tomorrow and I will share with you my experiences.

B57
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-24-04, 22:08

BF:

This LC cafe serves breakfast and lunch. It just opened Saturday. There are low carb mixes, ceareals and milk that is available for purchase. The store is small and bare but I can go and have a cup of coffee and a low carb brownie. There is lc soft serve ice cream. The owner has been an Akinser for 3 years and is thin as a rail. She said 3 years ago she used to be heavy, of course. We are the same age.

Well, guess who may be a featured performer at the grand opening ? I play the flute and what a great opportunity for me to perform as the LC flutinator!!!

B57
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-25-04, 12:06
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

That's awesome! I play flute, too.

I like the idea of the shop/cafe combo.

I'd love to see something like that in my town, but I know it wouldn't fly. I live in the alleged donut capital of the country, with more donut shops per capita than anywhere else in Canada.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-26-04, 00:02

BF:

Californie is the place you outta be when it comes to "bizarre" appetites. You can find pretty much any restaurant with a particular diet plan even though low carb has alot of naysayers here, there are also alot of backers. I read where there is an Italian restaurant that has lc pasta on the menu. But, I love my coffee shops and it is so agrivating to not be able to eat a treat with my coffee and comfy chair.

Kristine, your stats are funny. Just FYI, the rock band, Jethro Tull does " Rubbing Elbows " tours. That is an opportunity for local performers to play with their band. I am going to try for it. They only play original pieces that have been written by the guest so I need to get ta writin'.