Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 18:18
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 186/160/160 Male 68 inches
BF:?%/15%/10%
Progress: 100%
Default Weekend BFL Check-in 02/13/04

Hi everyone,

I hope you had a good BFL week. What week are you in now? How's it going so far?

Next week I'm going to start up again. I know I said that last week, but I just couldn't do it this week. So I'm looking forward to next week. I think I'll just start C3 over again.

Arnie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 11:01
Registered Member

Plan: No gluten, CAD
Stats: 196.0/158.5/149.0 Female 62
BF:36/29.0/27.3
Progress: 80%

Hi Gang!
I'm finishing week 1 today. I had been trying out the exercises for a month but doing the bfl workout is another story. Following the LBWO I could barely walk into the gym the next day. After doing the bike for cardio I could barely drag myself out. I was having muscle spasms in the car. I'm still recovering from a back injury and tight hamstrings bring on my back pain. I didn't expect to be completely ripped to shreds. My chest and arms still hurt from Monday and my abs are killing me and when my legs got going too it was almost too much to take. I've been taking advil the last 2 days and hot baths and using the heating pad and went to bed at 6:30 one day. Well, sorry to whine this much because I'm loving every minute of it!!! Gotta get the food side going, did terrible this week.

Nancy
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 14:08
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

nawchem, if you can get a hold of some Glutamine powder, it can really help with the soreness.

I had another terrific week. Lifts went up all around, and I finally got my bench press over 100 pounds! I did 104.5 x 3 reps before failing and having to lower the weight. I also improved my form on the 110 lb squats. This week's squat goal will be perfecting the form and making sure I'm going below parallel on the lighter sets, and right down to parallel on the heavy sets before raising the weights. There's no point in rushing to put the pounds up if the form is not quite there.

I'm really noticing a difference in my clothes, but due to womanly cycle fluctuations, nothing much has shown up on the scale this week. I'm learning to trust the process. If I'm getting smaller, then fat is coming off.

I may not hit my scale-weight goal for this challenge, but I am already way ahead of my bodyfat goal, if my Accu-Measures are to be believed.

Onward!

Emily
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 171/154/150 Female 5'9"
BF:??/18.8/??
Progress: 81%

I, too, just finished my first official week. I did pretty good meeting my nutrition goals -- I've made up a chart that I have to check them off on each day and almost all of the boxes had a mark in them. It helps me to know, for example, that if I have more than 20% fat one day, I won't be able to check off that box.

My first LBWO left my quads in serious pain. I started with LBWO instead of UBWO because I've always enjoyed the leg exercises more. I had to skip aerobics the next day and was worried I'd miss my next LBWO too, but everything turned out okay. I am taking it a bit easier on the weights and have started the glutamine. I did an aerobic WO on my free day to make up for skipping one.

I cannot tell you how fabulous I feel after morning aerobics -- it is just incredible how it wakes me up and gets me going! In fact, my husband has been annoyed by my "perkiness" on those mornings. It feels so great that I'm tempted to do it every morning. On the other hand, weight workouts in the a.m. leave me so tired that I'm ready for a nap by mid-morning.

The scale hasn't really moved, but what can you expect after one week?

Lyressa

Last edited by Sunski : Sat, Feb-14-04 at 16:01.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 09:41

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

I had a pretty great week, too. 4 cardios, two days of house painting instead of UBWO, and one kick mass LBWO.

And.... on my LBWO... I maxed the calf press machine. 495 lbs, 6 reps, and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be!

I forgot to weigh and measure before starting free day, so no stats this week. Oops.

Cheers,

Friday

(pizza, cake, cake, cake, cheerios, cake, port, valentine's candy, popcorn, chicken and green beans, cake)
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 19:01
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayeyes
And.... on my LBWO... I maxed the calf press machine. 495 lbs, 6 reps, and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be!

That is amazing! Congrats!

Emily
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 21:01

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Default Late check-in

Sorry to be so late checking in! Been really busy lately with dh working long hours including weekends, and we had a spotty internet connection this weekend as well. Had some good workouts last week, although I'm not in the Superwoman category like Emily and Friday! Last Fri I just couldn't drag myself out of bed at 4:15, but I did manage to do stair intervals at work. Those used to leave me so sore I could barely walk, but I wasn't even sore the next day! I also made it to 2 Pilates classes and 1 yoga class.

I've upped my carbs and protein, and the weight is back up a pound or two, but TOM came Fri as well. Not that I mind the extra weight if it is muscle. I put a link to my "before" pics in my sig - someone please check if the link works without my sign-in. I'll have dh take some in progress pics when he has a spare moment and I'm feeling brave.

Jen
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 06:29
Medival Princess

Plan: curves
Stats: 298/214/190 Female 6 ft or 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
I've upped my carbs and protein, and the weight is back up a pound or two, but TOM came Fri as well. Not that I mind the extra weight if it is muscle. I put a link to my "before" pics in my sig - someone please check if the link works without my sign-in. I'll have dh take some in progress pics when he has a spare moment and I'm feeling brave.
Jen

just wanted to say your link worked
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 19:48

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%

Thanks Crysania!