Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 21:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 224/217/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress:
Default Skipping meals BE CAREFUL..

Just wanted to share with you on induction never skip a meal. I skipped my breakfast this morning and went to bed I went on a new schedule and started sleeping at night. I woke up weak and shaking. I almost passed out and am probably near diabetic shock. I'm not a diabetic. To cure this problem I just ate a short acting sugar and a longer one. The same response is given to a diebetic in an emergency situation. The short acting one I just ate a quarter of an apple. And at the same time I just ate a cheeze sandwich on ONE slice of Atkins low carb toast. I feel fine now 2 minutes later from the apple. I won't let this happen again..
Hope I was helpful.

Daryll

Last edited by songwritur : Fri, Jan-23-04 at 21:25.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 22:53
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hmmm on induction I ate very very little I never had anything happen remotely like that. I was just nauseous the entire time, felt so sick and eating only made things worse shortly after. How long have you been on induction? Are you pre-diabetic?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 23:30

Stats: 224/217/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress:

I might be prediabetic I was told I have metabolic syndrome or know as syndrome X I have 100 blood sugar that's certainly not diabetic but maybe considered borderline pre diabetic. I have high blood pressure i've lost 15 pounds from 224 to 212 the charts say I need to be 190
i'm 6,0 and only about 22 pounds from that 190 I look skinny so i'm certainly not obese but maybe my body dosen't handle glucose properly hence the metabolic syndrome or syndrome X. I've been on induction 3 weeks and am starting to get bored with my choices. I think i'm gonna move on to the next phase and add the 5 more carbs a day. I'm getting
very bored and very tired of eggs.

anyway thanks for replying

Daryll

Last edited by songwritur : Fri, Jan-23-04 at 23:33.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 23:51
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%

Are u sure you are drinking enough water.

I don't really eat much during induction but from past experience I make sure I drink lots and lots of water to avoid feeling dizzy and/or lethargic.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 00:08

Plan: PP
Stats: 160/149/125 Female 66 in.
BF:
Progress: 31%

Sometimes I forget to eat and start shaking really badly, especially my hands. But once I checked my blood glucose when this happened, and it was FINE. So I'm wondering if a deficiency or stress hormones might be possible causes as well. When I eat this doesn't happen, and extra B-supplements seem to calm it down too.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 04:26
Registered Member

Stats: 203/203/168 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 5 to 6

I am on induction, day 5 , lost 6lbs. I felt real dissy, sick on day 2, am fine now, feel good now.

DONT skip meals. I am a great believer in breaker calorie intake into 5 to 6 smaller meals per day. Takes more time to sort, but is sure worth it.

Even on induction (approx= 1000cal, 20g carbs) I break into 5 smaller ,meals, eating at 08-00hrs, 10-30, 1pm, 3-30pm, 6pm.

It also tricks body into believing you are not severly reducing calories, so energy and metabolism stabilizes quickly.

There are plenty articles on web about this, check them out!
Attached Images
File Type: gif 5days.gif (9.2 KB, 5 views)
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-24-04, 08:52
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You need far more then 1000 cals on induction. Especially if you are a male and heavier. On Atkins there is no reason so reduce calories so severly and that can backfire even on 5-6 meals a day.