Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 10:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/173.5/150 Female 5'3 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default I'm stuck

Well I started a thread before asking about breakfast ideas and got some great ones that i was excited to try. Needless to say they all had some kinda eggy taste and that just makes me gag! I am VERY serious about sticking to this diet but I am having serious breakfast issues and am just at a loss. I can do the atkins shakes with no problem...(I think I just can't eat alot of solid food in the morning) also the apple crisp morning start bars are doable too. Everywhere on this site I have read says that stuff like that is bad for induction and I should eat natural foods but what if I can't? Can I still make this work?

HELP PLEASE!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 10:24

Plan: SB (formerly Atkins)
Stats: 196.5/167/140 Female 5' 4
BF:
Progress: 52%

Probably someone's already mentioned this in your other thread, but there's no law that says you have to eat "breakfast" foods for breakfast. Have a leftover pork chop or whatever from the night before.

After you are done with induction, here's something that I eat for lunch but would be good for breakfast too. Take a LC tortilla (I think Mama Lupé's—3g ECC—are the best), spread some mayo on it, then add turkey—homemade if you've got it—Swiss cheese, and a bit of lettuce. Roll it up and you've got a really quick and yummy wrap.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 10:35

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 225/208.6/140 Female 5'2"
BF:Really/effing/high
Progress: 19%

I agree, I was never big on breakfast food either. I would sometimes go to Harvey's in the morning 'cause they would actually make me a burger and fries instead of forcing me to either eat breakfast food or wait until 11am.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 10:52

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/173.5/150 Female 5'3 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Probably someone's already mentioned this in your other thread, but there's no law that says you have to eat "breakfast" foods for breakfast. Have a leftover pork chop or whatever from the night before.
[QUOTE]

Yes...I have read that as well....It's also the eating in the morning thing....It's so much easier to drink breakfast..lol.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 10:57

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

I drink a protein drink every day for breakfast. I do it because I don't feel like cooking or doing much for breakfast. I get the Atkins protein drinks (strawberry is best IMO) and sometimes double it or have a second one later in the day. If I get hungry before lunch, I have a snack of cheese around 10. I did this all through induction and lost 9 lbs so it worked for me.

Here's how I see it. If you can follow induction perfectly, that's great. But if you can't, getting as close as possible is better than falling off the plan. So do the best you can, and if you need to eat foods that are not recommended, it's still better to do that than not even try.

Squid
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 12:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

If you are fine with the shakes, and have a good source of fresh eggs, drop a raw egg in the blender with the shake, it will stay with you longer and make it creamier/thicker. No you can't taste it :>)

Kathy