Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins Diet
Stats: 194/180/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Smile Could it Be?

I started this way of life several months ago but have been off for about 3 months....I've gained 5 lbs back. I started this wol again Monday the 5th and this morning I checked for ketosis and I'm there!, the only thing is that I haven't been real strict with it. I have been eating those Russell Stover Peanut Butter Cups about 2 a day since monday. I am such a sugar addict that I couldn't help myself from eating them. I have also been eating those wraps from Subway everyday for lunch, I guess what I am getting at is that I am not doing the strict 2 week induction but just the wol, do I need to do the strict 2 week induction or since I have already done it the first time can I just continue with this wol. Since I'm in ketosis does it really matter? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;
sinnat
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/136/122 Female 61 1/2"
BF:?/32%/
Progress: 46%

I'm no expert and I too didn't follow low carb for three weeks and the scale said I gained 10 pounds! two came off just since doing LC since monday, not induction, just using fitday and I'm even having a Tablespoon of Atkins ice cream (for my chocolate craving)

I feel lighter already (not as stuffed) try LC'ing and Keeping it pretty Simple and I don't think you will have to start from induction (I had peanuts Tuesday night and still lost).

Good Luck to ya
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:35

Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

Induction clears your system of starches and sugars thereby eliminating or reducing cravings. You certainly can lose weight just by lowering your carb intake but you haven't done anything to help yourself elimate cravings. If you have the willpower to outlast the cravings, just keep doing what you are doing if it works.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 12:59

Plan: Atkins Nutritionals
Stats: 226/204/150 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%

ITA w/ Wendy, Induction is great for cleaning the gunk out of your body and switching over to fat burning. It's only 2 wks and goes fast!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 13:03

Plan: Atkins since 5/27/03
Stats: 202/167/150 Female 67.25
BF:
Progress: 67%

I think that since you are a self proclaimed sugar addict a clean induction will help you get a handle on it. If your SF reeses and your cravings don't bother you or impede your weight loss, then do what works for you.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jan-07-04, 16:36

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

Wow, 3 months and only 5 pounds!!!!
Lucky you, Kathy