Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 06:53

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Protein Power Pals - Thursday - Jan 1

Welcome to the daily Protein Power Pals thread. All who are using, interested in or curious about the PP WOE are welcomed to join in. We also welcome friends not using PP to drop by for a large glass of water and some friendly conversation.

Weight this AM: 176.5 lbs - pants still loose - have to break out the next smaller size soon

Total Calories: 2168
Fat: 132 gms 1198 cal 56%
Sat: 33 gms 300 cal 14%
Poly: 29 gms 261 cal 12%
Mono: 58 gms 524 cal 25%
Carbs: 45 gms 132 cal 6% ECC: 33 (should have been 35 gms)
Fiber: 12 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 199 gms 602 cal 38% (should have been about 105 gms)

Breakfast:
4 egg-beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham & 1 oz cheddar
Drinks: 12 ozs coffee

Snack: 3 ozs cashews

Snack:
1 cup cottage cheese

Dinner:
4 chicken legs - marinaded in soy sauce / sweetener / ginger / garlic / chives
1.5 cups sugar-snap stir-fry mixture - stir-fried in small amount of olive oil

Liquid: 12 ozs coffee, 4 ozs breakfast drink, 60 oz water

Goals - to get serious about drinking more water and leave the #$%~ nuts alone
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 07:55

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Happy New Year

Bfast: 2 eggs
2 very thin slices of real bacon (old PA Dutch superstition-start the year off with pork-hey, I'll invoke any help at this point)
1/2 Atkins onion bagel
1 pat butter and coffee.

Did my new lc tape again yestersday and got through both circuits. I tried lowering the weight slightly on the second circuit and got through. Good workout.I also got a nice followup message from the trainers and they have always answered any email with questions directly and promptly. Nice folks.

Orang, you're doing fine. Don't beat yourself up about a couple of macadamia nuts. (Like you're going to take MY advice, with my track record )

Went out to a Chinese Horoscope site , this is some of the info for me:
"You are Brown Chicken, born in the year of Brown Rat. The first character in DAY represents you. So you are equivalent to Soil." Boy, how can I NOT succeed after reading this.....
Later, guys.

Last edited by ewinpa : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 08:08.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 09:04

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Gee, Elaine. At first I was going to ask you for the address of that horoscope site, but after what you wrote I think I'll pass.

Dinner last night was very good. We weren't there 10 minutes, though, when I realized my bracelet was missing. It looks like a very expensive tennis bracelet, with different shaped diamonds in it. It was my mother's, and though they're definitely not real diamonds, it has sentimental value. (If real, the bracelet would probably cost $15,000 to $20,000, which is why I'm always amazed when people think it's real.)

We looked all around the restaurant, and DH went out to the Explorer. There it was on the running board. Phew!

Dinner was nice. I had 2 small slices of bread slathered in butter, 2 crab cakes for an appetizer, and filet mignon (naturally), about 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes, and about a cup of broccoli as the main course. One Irish whiskey and 1 glass of red wine. And yes, I did dessert. I had lemon meringue pie, minus the meringue because I can't stand it. They put some whipped cream on it for me. Also, I didn't eat the crust.

So today starts anew. I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions, and this is not one, but I am getting serious starting right now. I'm back up to 170, but retaining water so I should be back down to 165 within a week if I mind my Ps and Qs.

Mind if I rant for a second? Why don't people dress up anymore? DH and I were the best-dressed in the whole restaurant last night. It was a nice restaurant (we spent over $100 for dinner, so it wasn't a "family" restaurant). Even the waitresses were better dressed than most of the diners. There were sloppy, old, faded jeans, running shoes, and sloppy sweaters.

DH wore a nice suit and tie (the only suit and tie in the place), and I wore my slinky low-cut black dress, a black chiffon stole for a little warmth, and heels. When we walked by the tables, people actually stopped eating/drinking and just stared! When we sat at our table in a small room with only one other table, occupied by a couple a little older than us, the man stopped talking to his wife, turned his head fully to the side and stared at me for about 30 seconds! How rude that was to his wife!

So what's wrong with looking nice? Frankly I don't care that we were the King and Queen of the Prom. I felt great, and I know we looked great.

OK, end of rant.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 10:28

BF:

Elaine:
I would take your advice - but I do need to leave the nuts of all kinds alone - I eat too many and they stall me.... proof is in my fitday journal

Bawdy
Maybe folks didn't dress up because the plans for later in the evening involved less formal settings
???

BTW, I'm being very careful re: egg yolks and beef until Friday's Dr appoint - and after that I'm hving a steak the size of NH Beef won't be a regular part of my diet, but boy, do I miss it.

Last edited by Orang : Thu, Jan-01-04 at 10:31.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 11:16

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Orang, let us know how it goes at the Drs. Your carb levels have been lower again, and you don't seem to have the same problems you did before. Weird. Also, I remember that you've cut down on yolks and beef. Think that arachidonic acid is a problem for you?

I just finished an amazing workout (upper and lower body) on the Bowflex and did a few free weights for exercises that just seem to be less awkward with free weights than on the Bowflex.

Now I need to eat something. I want to keep my metabolism up, so I'm going to try eating every couple hours, whether I want to or not. Also I need to drink more water.

If you want to see something scary, go to my journal and see what Chud posted. Ewwwwwwwww!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 11:39

BF:

My ketone still climb - they just do so a lot more slowly. I'm also having to do blood sugar check this month - something about the surgery seems to have improved my pancreatic function - the endo thinks the scar tissue may have been putting pressure on it (indirectly by pushing something I can't begin to spell or pronounce into it)

Sounds like you had a great new year's celebration.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 14:36

Plan: Protein Power maintenance
Stats: 18/12/10 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Happy New Year !!!!!

DH & I had a nice quiet New Year's eve...the best kind I am not happy to report that my TOM issues have returned full force Last night I awoke at 5am with the most painful cramps I have had in many years. Frustration is an understatement. On better news I did stay on plan last night with a wonderful steak salad. My New Year's Resolution(s) are:

1. Eat better, less indulging
2. Exercise (always seem to slack between Sep-Dec)
3. Drink more water
4. Reduce stress

I am not sure how to do number 4 but I am thinking about yoga.

Bawdy - DH and I notice that alot here as well. A few months ago we went out to a very nice restaurant, best in our town. There were people in there dressed as if they were going to the golf course instead of out to dinner.

Elaine - You have so good with exercise!! Keep it up!!

Orang - When are they going to retest your colesterol? Keep us posted
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 16:45

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Happy New Year!!!!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 21:30

BF:

Ellie:
The cholesterol will be checked tomorrow - the BP has been staying down.

Sorry to hear TOM is visiting and not being a good guest. I hope your GYN can find something to help.

Glead you and hubby had a nice News years eve

Great resolutions for the new year.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 21:59

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

We spent it (as I had mentioned yesterday) at home, BUT are going to Rapid this weekend to celebrate our grandbaby's 1rst Birthday!! And as luck has it, our fave band will play an encore for this weekend!
My eating has gone alot better, but I did have more sf chocolate today then I should have. yesterday and the day before I ran on the treadmill, today I have been busy finishing the removal of wallpaper and painting.

Orang, Luck be with you tomorow on your test! That is so exciting to be losing weight plus inches! I have gotton acustom to eggwhites with alittle pepper jack cheese (3-4 small cubes), the cheese has really been an improvement! Can you have cheese??? Keep us posted!!! Our thoughts are with you!!

Bawdy, I think that what you are noticing is wide spread, When we do actually go out for the evening, WE DRESS UP! I DO NOT wear out what I wear at the farmer's coop!HA It is sad to see the new trend of people not taking pride in themselves, also I know for me that I feel better about myself when I am all dolled up and out on the town! If we had gone to see our band you can bet that I would of had on one of my little numbers!HA Espically as little as we do go out I LOVE to dress up!(brown coveralls do NOTHING for my figure!)HA

Speaking of brown, How are you this year Elaine?? (Maybe we should call you Mother Earth???) WTG on the workouts! I started my day with pork also, just a little sausage pattie.Have a good year!

Ellie, Sorry to hear about the vicious TOM, I am SO THANKFULL that I do not have them anymore, I have suffered since I was 14 and have tried every pain pill, lost time off of work, had alot of procedures done, it was time!!
I hope that you will be able to find some relief soon! Glad that you stayed on track with your eating!!

HAPPY 2004 to our favortie Yeti!!

OH, I was going to share a silly thing, but I am SO EXCITED!! I have had to go to Rapid to get the carb count down milk, freeze it ect.. Well in Pierre (a close by town) 1 1/4 of an hour away, my grocery store had it!!!!! I know it is a silly thing to get so jazzed about, but if you live in the boonies you will know what I mean!!

A BIG HELLO to Wendy(hope you are enjoying your time off with your BF!!), Marnie, Have a fun but safe flight, don't get to tired out!! And to everyone else out there!!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 03:58

Plan: no fake foods lo-0 carbs
Stats: 200/160/130 Female 5'2"
BF:goal 25%
Progress: 57%
Question

hello? Hmm this is my first post.Lets see if I did it right.
Unity (yes that is my Real name)
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-01-04, 21:33

BF:

Whoa - I just notice the whirling Yeti has visited. How are you doing these days, Rob?