Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 19:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 13.0/12.7/10.0 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Metabolism!!!!!

Hi all, been browsing the net and came across The Citrus Pill which claims to increase the rate you burn off fat. Now i know Atkins does this efficently on its own, but my metabolism is so slow, especially as i lost 7lbs, put nearly all of it back on, and now my bodies thinking, wait a minute she's losing weight again, lets hang on to her fat this time!!! So if a pill (all natural apparently) can speed things up that's a help, right? If any experienced Atkins out there have tried 'pills' or you know of some clever 'tricks' then please pass them on, always eager to learn. I've already started to walk for 20 mins each day and will increase this soon. Many thanks for the help i've received through this forum, been a God send. Fifi
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 06:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 303.5/283.5/170 Female 5'11'
BF:
Progress: 15%

i'd say that the pill is probably too good to be true. excercise will increase your metabolism much better, especially if you are really pushing yourself in that walking (getting your HR and breathing up). also, strength training will increase your metabolism as well. 1lb of muscle burns more calories at rest than 1lb of fat. good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 08:42

Stats: 13.0/12.7/10.0 Female 5ft5inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

thanks curly, if no one has tried it then i'm not going to take it seriously - i'll stick to walking.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-31-03, 21:01

Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

There are just so many variables that come into play with Atkins. You may not lose so many pounds at one time, but can still lose fat at a great speed, especially if you're increasing your activities. And eating recommended portions of protein also causes your body to produce muscle at a remarkable rate, which in turn can make the scale look like your enemy.

Also, I've found something that has so far worked well for me. The recommended fat intake on Atkins is 65-70% of your daily calories. I've found I lose quite a bit better by increasing that to 70-75% daily. I know that's seems like a lot of fat, and in actuality is, but it's been working well for me. I usually eat from 30-40 carbs a day, and my calorie intake can be as high as 2,000.