Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 06:00

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default PROTEIN POWER PALS: Saturday, December 6!

Morning! I'm up first, so here's the thread. Back in a sec!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 06:30

BF:

Does anyone else have to have two browser sessions open at once to get to everyone who posted the day before?

As reported, the Bowflex is all put together. We were missing some nuts and bolts, and only a couple things the seller will need to order from the manufacturer. Will be contacting him today. Yes, putting it together was a workout in itself! No snow yet, keeping my fingers crossed.

I had my facial yesterday -- 1 1/2 hours of pampering. Very nice. Didn't like the steam on my face, though. The warmth felt good, but breathing that hot air felt awful. I'm going to ask if we can possibly do something other than the steam -- maybe a series of hot towels? I had asked DH to pick up a Christmas tree during the day yesterday because of the snowstorm today and because I was going to be getting home around dusk, which is no time to look for a nice tree. I ended up getting done early, and called him on the way home to find he had NOT gotten a tree. So, I stopped and got one, even though I had no makeup on (and shiny as a new penny) and my hair was flatter than a pancake. He also didn't get to the grocery store to stock up on "storm supplies" (Scotch, cookies, and T-bones) and asked me to stop. I still probably looked better than half the people there (I just don't understand how some people dress in public!), but felt very self-conscious).

So today will be filled with putting up the tree, carrying down the countless boxes of decorations, working out on the Bowflex, working on DH's documentation, etc. I'll jump in here from time to time, since you probably won't hear much from me next week. VERY busy week ahead -- I have to be in the office every day, and will probably be putting in some overtime. So don't worry if you don't hear from me much.

OK, now to respond to everyone else:

Robin, I always eat breakfast, just not always as soon as I get up. Try what the others said, just a half cup of yogurt or cottage cheese. A little protein. How about a couple ham/cheese rollups? I buy 1 pound of deli ham (1 carb per slice) and 1/2 pound of Lorraine swiss (1 carb per slice), both cut quite thin (so maybe it's even less than 1 carb per slice). Then I get home and roll them all up. I use 1/2 slice of cheese per 1 slice of ham. Even DH likes to nibble on these throughout the day. When they're already made up, there's no excuse for grabbing something you shouldn't have, or for not eating.

Hi, Patchlady! So glad you joined us! We're a fun group, as you can see from Orang's pic of Lissette. We have a ton of exercise equipment in a spare bedroom. We have two "home gyms" (no better word; they're the machines with the weights stacked up behind), a Nordic Trak, a stationary bike, a bench for free weights like dumbbells, another bench for free weights but with some attachments for preacher curls and for using a weight bar, a Total Gym (Chuck Norris), an ab chair, and now a Bowflex. The room is about 12 x 18, so it's packed pretty tight! Believe me, it's just as easy to slack off and not find time to exercise even when you have all the equipment at your fingertips!

Elaine, why shouldn't you eat the LC bread with breakfast? On Atkins, they recommend you stay away from grains for the first two weeks. PP has no such "rule." And on Lean for Life (the basis for "Wendy's Plan"), you get a choice of one grain or one fruit with breakfast. Also, it's not the protein that stalls people who eat the LC protein bars, it's the sugar alcohols. Don't worry too much about losing each and every day (or even week, for that matter). Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. You're doing great, just keep it up.

Lissette, you're looking a little bawdy yourself lately! Where did you find that lovely jeweled belly ring? Is that what South Dakotans are like? I often wondered what you did through the long cold winter!

Orang, steroids will do that to you. A friend of mine had a bad bout of IBS and had to be on steroids for months. She puffed right up (remember your blowfish pic?) and actually got so aggressive towards people that she made the doctor lower her dose. She also got strange stretch marks on her upper arms. She's been off steroids for a while now (takes them for brief periods from time to time still, though), but still hasn't lost the puffiness. Maybe the NRA hat, the NORML T-shirt, and an aggressive attitude will be enough to get you kicked off that jury quick!

Wendy, where are you, girl? Just because you have a life doesn't mean you can ignore your buddies here! Think you'll be introducing him to your parents this Christmas? That's always a big step. I think my mother fell in love with my husband before I ever did. She'd always push me to go out with "that nice fellow who comes to the front door." We lived on a corner of a busy street, and everyone always came to the back door, because it was on the side street where you'd park. DH always came to the front door, which impressed the heck out of her. She thought he was being polite. Heck, he just didn't know any better!

Ellie, sounds like everything has turned around for you, too. It sure feels good when things fall back into place. Glad TOM left in time for hubby to arrive!

Phew! I'm signing off now to give my poor fingers a rest. We have to go out and get enough wood for the next two days just in case we lose power.

See y'all later!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 07:37

Plan: PP
Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Good morning all.

I am down to 219.5 and I ate alot yesterday evening. 4 oz steak, 1 cup green beans with butter, 1 cup Edy's. I was at 1060 cals. Then I had 3/4 cup of sunflower seeds (yeah, I know, not exactly on the LFL suggested menu) my cals came to a whopping 1600. And today I lost. Go figure.

Has anyone noticed my power of suggestion ability? I put a thought out there and Orang makes a picture of it! That one of Lissette is priceless. Lissette, you didn't tell us you had such great abs!!!!

It's supposed to snow here most of the day, I'll be shoveling the car out tonight or tomorrow(the only thing I miss from my divorce this time of year is my garage).That will be my "Snowflex" exercise.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 07:54

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

How to keep from having to open two browser windows to see all the posts:

Select the green profile button at the top of this sceen.

1. Select 'Options' from the menu bar

2. Go to the section called "Thread View Options" (near middle of page)

3, Activate the drop-down menu next to "Default posts per thread"

4. Select "30 posts per page"

This will get our entire thread on one page unless we get more than 30 posts -- something that rarely happens.

Last edited by Orang : Sat, Dec-06-03 at 11:22.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 08:07

BF:

Elaine:

WooHoo - you are doing great!!

Re: the power of suggestion.... Hmmmm... if I ever get a pic of you -- you are soooo in trouble
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 08:45

BF:

Re: the power of suggestion.... Hmmmm... if I ever get a pic of you -- you are soooo in trouble Oh boy, do I ever know that!

Thanks for the cheers! Also, what tool bar are you talking about to reconfigure the posts?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 08:52

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Hi all! Just a quick check in to assure you that I am still alive. It's been an insanely busy week....
-was observed teaching (always stressful for me, haven't yet gotten back the written eval)
-had a student go insane on me and had to chase him around the school, literally
-found out that I might have to switch buildings next year to one completely across town (not happy about this)
-a mother of a student at our school was arrested for a murder she committed 20 years ago in Kansas
-one of the kiddies on our team hocked a lugie (sp?) into another teacher's cereal while she wasn't looking and now it's this big hullabalu and the teacher has to decide if she wants to press charges
-of course that kiss on Wednesday night
Ummm, that's all I can remember right now. I brought home so many teaching things in my bag last night that I could barely carry them all home. I've been working on school all morning long. In an hour or so, I am going with DBF (?) to go kill a tree for his apt, and then he's got some big plan for tonight that he's been working on but won't tell me what it is

So I want to say a quick hello to everyone and wish you happy lowcarb eating. Thanks as always for continuing to think about me, even if I am not able to be here as much as before. I will never completely leave, don't worry. Have a great day!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 09:11

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 450/348/225 Male 72 inches
BF:UGH!
Progress: 45%

Good Morning Everyone!!
Stopping in before the 2nd storm system get here ("Blizzard conditions" )
Well, if nothing else...yesterdays snowstorm got me to wear a jacket for the first time this season!!
see ya later!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 11:26

BF:

Orang, never mind, I found the tool bar on the profile page.

OK, just spent close to an hour digging out my car and cleaning it off. That's my exercise for the day.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 11:45

BF:

Thanks, Orang, but that's not what I meant. As soon as I start a new thread I'm in the "Post New Message" window and I can't see any other posts. That means I have to open another browser session so that I can have yesterday's post open to see what everyone wrote and respond to them. It's not really an issue, just a minor annoyance.

The tree is up, but still thawing so I can't put lights or ornaments on yet. I might even wait until tomorrow to do that. I have all the other boxes down, and much of the decorations out, if not actually placed. There's still a ton of work to do. I keep most of my decorations in either the large Christmas boxes (about 2 feet long by 18" wide by 18" deep) or the large storage Rubbermade bins. I have about 10 of each, plus a whole bunch of other boxes filled with stuff. OK, so I tend to overdo Christmas a little! And I don't even have kids! DH always laughs and says it's a good thing we never had kids, because I'd never let them decorate the tree. Probably true. It needs to be just so. He helps carry the boxes down, and then carry the empty boxes back up, but that's the extent of his involvement.

The only thing I don't do is outdoor lights. I do put artificial wreaths on all my windows outdoors. I have a Cape style house, and the wreaths (plus the candles I put in all the windows) really makes it look like Currier & Ives.

So, Wendy, what do you think the surprise is tonight? Have you thought about whether you will give him something for Christmas? That would be a hard one to decide what to get.

Elaine, would you PLEASE send that whoosh fairy over here now? You've been hogging her way too much lately!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 12:27

Plan: ALOT of salads,veggies ec
Stats: 180/160/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 50%

Sounds like you have been busy putting up Christmas things Bawdy! Since our family up in Rapid is sick we are staying away and home this weekend. Our middle daughter has a bad case of influenza and the doc said that the type she has is not a good one, she can not go back to work for 3 days, (she works at perkins.)So what do you think of the bow flex?? Well the parts that you can use anyway??
I am alot the same way with the tree myself, when we were first married, we did not have any decorations, the girls were so excited about the ones that grandma had let them have, It was the most gosh-awfull stuff you have EVER seen PURPLE METALLIC GARLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and alot of popcorn strings with macaronie, I grinned and bared it (just to see our girls so happy) BUT the next year the stuff "mysteriously vanished" and I had more tastefull things, infact I would find some nice decorations that would fit in better and they became some of the girls favorites! Our son is not picky, he will help me string the lights and put up what I have in the box!HA Now that he is older he helps me out when I string out the pearl beads around our 7 ft. artificial tree. Oh and you would be suprised what us SD's do in the snow! (chop the ice tanks,scoop corn) what else did ya think I ment???

Wendy, I am glad to hear that your hectic week is over and you have some good things in store for you this weekend!! You will have to keep us filled in on his suprise! (just consider us as a diary of friends to write to!)

Orang,Thanks for the directions, OH the snake is back in his cage now! We need to try to get a photo of Elaine now!!! HA How is the eating going??? Are you still on the steroids???Did you get any of the snow that our easterners are getting??? WE only got strong wind and minimal snow!

Elaine, That is great on your wooshes!! (send the woosh fairie's sisters our way!) Have you got more snow today? Atleast you are home and won't have to be driving in all of that! Speaking of the power of suggestion, just say "All who reads this thread will immediatly lose 10 pounds"!!!

To our yeti Rob, stay warm!!!!!

I was pretty good on my day, UNTIL I went out with my dh and friends, I had even brought along some diet vanilla pepsi, well as the evening wore on I just had to have some Baliey's, Does anyone know what a shot sent me back??? I do not know the damage. Bawdy???????

Ellie, Glad that your DH came back at a good time! How is your DD doing with the migraines???

I better go fix some lunch before my dh and ds collapse of hunger!

Have a great Saturday!!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 11:40

BF:

Elaine and all. A line had ben omitted from the directions for changing the number of posts shown. I have edited it so follow directions above.

Wendy -
Great to see you sorry it has been such a rough week professionally and overjoyed it has been such a great week personally.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Dec-06-03, 21:52
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

well...I didn't eat well today at all!
I had dress rehearsal for the christmas show tomorrow. We always put in long hours, and afterwards, I was starving. don't want to say what I had, just that it wasn't good.

I didn't over eat for calories, but it surely was LC.

Tomorrow is a new day.

But the good news...I did my workout video...so at least I got my exercise in for today.