Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 18:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/226/170 Male 5'8
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Mexican food

Anybody know of any recipes for mexican food?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 11:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 269/221/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

Petey-

The only mexican food that I've had on this WOE is taco salad. I brown the meat and onions and add a seasoning packet or cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and salsa. I serve over shreaded lettuce with tomato, cheese, sour cream and more salsa. It takes away the craving for me.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 11:11
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I make fajitas all the time with chicken breast onions and peppers and eat them with LC tortillas and salsa and cheese.

what type of mexican recipes were you looking for?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-23-03, 11:33

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 283/179/150 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 78%

I make this recipe called Enchilada Bake all the time! It is so good and extremely addictive!! It is not authentic Mexican of course but has those mexican flavors most of us are used to.

The recipe for it is posted in my journal here is the link to the page it is on, about in hte middle of that page:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...79&page=9&pp=15

In fact I made it when my mother in law was visiting and my husband got really mad because she liked it more than a carby tamale pie he spent hours making.

I just noticed a chiles rellenos recipe the other day too here's a link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=142936

Also I have made an authentic roasted chile dish no recipe needed here's the summary: roast and peel the skin off of 4 poblano peppers. While they are roasting boil 2 C. of cream. While the cream is boiling add 1 1/2-2 C. shredded chihuahua cheese. Let simmer to make a sauce and lower heat to keep warm. After the skin on the chiles is peeled, scramble 4-6 eggs (depending how hungry everyone is) bacon optional, and stuff scrambled eggs into roasted peeled peppers. Top with cream cheese sauce.

Delicious!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 16:51

Plan: lc plan
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 0'0
BF:
Progress: 86%

we do lots of taco salads, tacos/enchiladas/fajitas with the lc tortillas. really anything that you used real tortilas for you can sub in lc ones. there are a lot of casseroles out there too that would be good once your off induction. you can go to allrecipes.com and browse the mexican food section for ideas and then adapt them