Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 04:36

Plan: MY OWN
Stats: 192.9/187.3/100 Female 59in
BF:30%/30%/20%
Progress: 6%
Default BFL and Atkins

Hi all. I am new to the board. I have just started Atkins Induction and I am just finishing day 2. My question is: I have been doing BFL for 6 months now and have decided to do Atkins low carb but also do BFL. How can I do this? LOL Sorry for sounding so stupid but I'm a bit confused with lowcarbing when on BFL when you're meant to have equal portions of protein/carbs at each meal. Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-04-03, 07:08
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

To keep up with the strnuous exercises of BFL you really need more then the 20g of carbs a day induction gives. Instead of going through a full induction, you may want to start off by lowering your carb count to 60g a day. Unless you have some serious addictions to overcome or some medical issues.

Another option would be to take the 2 week rest period between challanges and do Induction at that time.

Read through the sticky at the top about BFL hotlinks, it has threads on doing BFL and low carb at the same time. You wouldn't do the equal amounts of carbs and protien at each meal. Also Atkins is a high fat diet (about 70% of calories come form fat in induction) while BFL is a low fat diet (I think it's 25% of calories are from fat). You really need to decide which program you want to follow nutrition wise first, then slowly modify it to meet your needs.

For me I do around 50g of carbs a day following the Atkins nutrition, and do the BFL workouts as well as the BFL idea of 6 small meals a day, a no fat shake after weights, and the eating around cardio rules.