Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 20:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/181/140 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%
Question McDonald's dbl cheeseburger w/out bun in Fitday????

Okay...so I had a double cheeseburger without the bun and NO ketchup. How the heck do you enter it? Those patties are waaaaaaaaaaaay small.....can't find the weight either on the McDonald's sight. Also, might anyone know how much rehydrated onions they put on those sandwhiches?????
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 22:07

Plan: atkins
Stats: 400/372/130 Female 5' 7
BF:
Progress: 10%

http://www.mcdonalds.com/servlet/nu...imageSize=small Double Cheeseburger(w/o Regular Bun, Ketchup)
Serving Size: 3.9oz (111g)

Two all beef patties with two slices of American cheese, pickle, onions, ketchup, and mustard on a toasted bun.customize this menu item Nutrition Facts view more details Total:3202412858405<120% Daily Value**:-3858293523- ** Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Ingredients customize this menu itemBeef Patty
100% pure USDA inspected beef; no additives, no fillers, no extenders.Sharp Pasteurized Processed American Cheese
Cultured milk, water, cream, sodium citrate, salt, sodium aluminum phosphate, sorbic acid (preservative), sodium phosphate, cheese culture, artificial color, acetic acid, enzymes, lecithin.Mustard
Vinegar, water, mustard seed, salt, turmeric, paprika, spice extractives.Pickle Slices
Cucumbers, water, distilled vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, sodium benzoate or potassium sorbate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), alum, polysorbate 80, turmeric.Onions (Dehydrated)
Grill Seasoning
Salt, pepper, partially hydrogenated vegetable oil (cottonseed and soybean). Allergens and SensitivitiesAllergensMilkFood SensitivitiesDoes not contain gluten or MSG. Food Exchanges4 Medium Fat Meat, 1 Fat

Found this on the McD's website. You can customize any of their menu items there. Also, just transfer the info to a customized item on Fitday. Hope this answers your question.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 22:09

BF:

Oops! That didn't turn out exactly as I copied it, but the info is on the hyperlink view more details.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 22:49
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, you're awesome!!!!! I didn't know you could do that on the McDonald's web site. thank you, thank you, thank you soooooooooooo much!!!!!! OMG, those dehydrated onions have ALOT of carbs in them.....ooops. my meal was at 5grams, just the patties with the stuff on it. thanks again!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-03, 23:01

BF:

Well, considering the price and convenience, I think its a bargain! There are days when I just don't want to cook and also want to just "drive-thru". Those are my double cheeseburger days and so far, it hasn't hurt me a bit. As far as the onions go, just take them off too! Just think, you'll basically have a 3 carb meal for $1. Where else can you do that and in only a few minutes. Yeah MickyD's!
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-03, 07:55
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I think its really great the Mc Donalds website offers customizable nutritional info. I wish all places did that.
Thanks for sharing that.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-27-03, 08:18
Diet Cokeaholic

Plan: Whole foods moderation
Stats: 221/215/150 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I think the onions are overstated on that site. They only put a tiny amount on onions on those burgers, and you can't tell me that little tablespoon contributes 2 or 3 carbs.
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 13:44
Registered Member

BF:

I wonder if the fact that they're dehydrated onions has anything to do with it.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 14:23

Plan: Aktins
Stats: 225/185/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 53%

I love the fact that my local McD's will put dbl. cheeseburgers in a box, when you tell them no bun, no onion. For three bucks, I get two of them and small salad. Great when I am not in the office and on a dead run!!!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 15:31
Registered Member

BF:
Default :0)

Don't forget, no ketchup either!!!!!!! yes, it is VERY convenient. Also, just remember that McDonald's site reports that two beef patties, with nothing on them, no cheese or anything, gives a 1g carb count. :-) FAST FOOD AT IT'S FINEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Oct-28-03, 15:59
Fit and Happy

Stats: 273/145/160 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:49%/24%/24%
Progress: 113%

I think their patties are about 3 oz. each. I just use 2 small ground beef patties and 2 slices of cheese. It amounts to about 450 calories.