Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 09:05
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%
Default Inspiration to Exercise

I've noticed that there have been quite a few posts lately in the TDC by people who want to exercise but are concerned about hurting themselves because of their weight and also don't know exercises they can do. There are lots of people currently in the TDC (such as MisterE) who have had the same issue and have posted responses to those posts. However, I was just thinking about one person who doesn't post here much anymore but is the biggest inspiration I know for exercising at a high weight -- Quiggley. She started out at 570 pounds and started exercising when she weighed in the mid-400s. At her last posting, she was down to 265 pounds. Click here for her journal which is inspirational in many ways, including her dedication to exercise. Most of us can't spend as much time each day exercising as she does (she is on disability so she doesn't have to go to work), but if she can do what she does, we should certainly be able to move and do something.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 16:47
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Thanks for the heads up! She is quite an inspiration! I feel fortunate to have so many who have gone before me to light the way!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-14-03, 20:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 291/283.0/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Liz,

You are sure right - what a powerful motivator the jornal is. I spent a log time there tonight. I haven't thought about doing the journal much - but maybe I should reconsider.

I know that when I'm sitting here at the computer, with my Fruit20 and my slice of cheese, reading all the posts - I get really energized and pumped. It is only when I put on my sneakers - pull my belly back and try to reach my shoes to tie them that I begin to feel discouraged. Then when I go for my walk - my body is much heaver and harder to pull around.

But, you know - after reading the journal - I can see that I'm just whining! If she can do it - So can I.

Thank you so much for pointing us in that direction - it is a real kick in the seat of my walking shorts - just what I needed. I'm going to share it with my walking partner tomorrow. She has MS and is walking for health reasons so it will be a blessing for her too.

Martha