Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-03, 21:17

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default What to eat before work outs?

Two months ago I began to trainning (40 minutes cardio and 1 hour weight trainning) 3x week.
I'm glad I did it since I feel better, I've seen little improvements in my body and it motivates me to keep going with everything.
Although I would like to have more strenght to go further...and I 'm wondering if I can add a little carbs pre-work out and specifically what kind of carbs and how much grams without falling off my low carb plan and if It would be a good idea?
Also, I want to add creatine and L-glutamine to my supplements (I'm taking multivitamin, calcium, magnesium, potassium, and EFA') since I've read that they are very good supplements to a trainning routine. Can some one help me with the dosis?
Any other recommendation or advice?
Thanks, Isiar
PD My first language is not english, so I hope you could understand what I'm trying to say
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 15:09

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I hear you loud and clear, Dora

If you head over to the BFL forum you'll find a sticky at the top with links to discussions on just about everything you've asked about. I'd post the links for you but my computer is being very flaky (at least it's working though). Creatine and glutamine are both mentioned in particular.

As for pre workout carbs - this sounds very much like a TKD - targeted ketogenic diet. You'll find much discussion about that subject in the CKD/BodyOpus forum You can also find info on post workout carbs in the BFL sticky "Post workout Insulin spike" I believe the thread is called.

Cheers,
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 15:33

Plan: Atkins, now South Beach
Stats: 165/140.6/129 Female 5,1
BF:
Progress: 68%

I'll look there.
Gracias
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-03, 19:47

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default My .02

May not be worth much on the black market, but I've come to understand from several services that cardio on an empty stomach is the best way to lose body fat. Celebrities who are trying to get in shape for an important event will do two cardio workouts per day. Strength training is also important, but it's been a long time since I've done anything like that.

If you check my journal you will find a post about an experiment I did concerning this topic - it's on page two.

Hope this helps a little.

Melissa