Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 15:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: /!!/135 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%
Question SF Mayo in Vancouver? (brands, stores)

Does anyone know of specific brands that do a mayo WITHOUT any sugar? All of the brands in all the shops I've looked at have sugar in the main ingredients list. This included ones that other users have posted in this forum, including president's choice and Hellman's.

The only thing I've found so far is the Japanese mayo (the kind you use in sushi), although this isn't exactly the same, and is somewhat hard to find.

Anyone?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-03, 21:28
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi there,

I'm not in Van, I'm in Ontari-ari-ari-oh But ... most commercial mayonnaises such as Hellman's (aka Best Foods), Kraft .. and store brands .. are just fine. The amount of sugar is miniscule .. and most of them run around 0.3g per Tablespoon. That's surely a carb bargain.

Even home-made mayo with no sugar added will have a trace of carbs from the egg.

Some foods permitted on Induction are going to have a wee trace of sugar in them .. things like mayo, and bacon, ham and salad dressings. Atkins allows for these things; just be sure to account for the carbs in your daily totals. Count mayo as 0.3g per Tbsp and you won't go wrong

Enjoy!!

Doreen