Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 11:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/163/135 Female 55 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Smile Suggestions please!!

My DH is flying to Toronto, Canada, next week and I would like some
suggestions on what he can bring back for our LC life. I have been advised that you have great Brown Sugar Twin and cyclamates for sweetners. Any other suggestions? And where in Toronto
can he find these things? He will be there for three days. Thanks!

I have enjoyed reading your posts and hope that you can help me out! If I can help any of you, please let me know!

Deborah
from Roanoke, VA, USA
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-03, 18:09

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

He can find ALL of them at any big grocery store. If he's downtown, he should go to the Loblaws store on Queen's Quay East (pronounced Queen's KEY)

You can get liquid Sugar Twin with NO carbs in a bottle for about $3.60 Can (= about $2.80 US). Brown Sugar Twin comes in a box (Yellow) about the same size as the Splenda box. Both are found right beside the sugar.

Other grocery stores are Dominion, Valu-Mart, Sobey's. If he knows where he's staying, I'll give exact directions. Wal-Mart is also a very good place for these - the liquid ST is only $2.76 Can so that's where I go. And Wal-Mart takes credit cards & has the Brown ST too.

Last edited by tofi : Sun, Sep-07-03 at 06:37.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-03, 18:50
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 193/155/145 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 79%

Another place your dh can try is Nutrition House in Sherway Mall (hwy 427 & the QEW) It's pricey, but they have the best selection of products and the exchange rate 'may' make it worth the trip.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 06:33

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

There are branches of both these stores (Your Good Health & Nutrition House) right downtown if that's where he is. Tell him to look in the telephone book White Pages in the Business section at the end. Toronto is now so big that the Residential listings are at the front in a separate section from Business.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 08:12
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

SugarTwin (cyclamate) is also available as little tablets which come in a handy little plastic dispenser that's great for purse or briefcase. Each tab has less than 1/10th gram of carbs.

Here's a link to the Canada SugarTwin website. There's pictures so you can recognize the item on the shelf. Only thing, I don't see the tablets ...

Other than that, I can't think of any low-carb product that's not also available in the US.

(If you're an allergy sufferer, you can get Allegra over-the-counter here. I think it's still prescription-only in the US)

Doreen