Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:14
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%
Angry I have a bad attitude today, please excuse me

I am going to try and not answer anymore posts tonite. I just get irritated so easily when people are upset about only losing 10 pounds in 9 days so they want to quit and go and try something else, blah,blah,blah. See? Bad attitude. I think I am just on a LC high, thinking I am right and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong. To each his own, and I am not going to try and talk anyone else out of leaving LC, there are so many others out there to take up the challenge. Maybe it was the exercise I did earlier tonite? About killed me.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 190/188/150 Female 5 feet 8.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%

Well for the people not happy about losing 10 pounds in ten days there's this thing called the Hollywood Diet! LOL!!!

Just kidding. Don't worry yourself with people like that because they're going to fail at any "diet" or rather "lifestyle change" they attempt. Their attitude is just not quite right yet, you know? I've been through that phase. . . i'm happy to take off a pound a week now. This doesn't feel like a diet and if I can keep eating this way and LOSE WEIGHT. . sheesh. . . happy birthday to me EVERY day!

You take your break from being Atkins Cheerleader. . . .it's ok!

Last edited by adriana_s : Mon, Sep-01-03 at 20:25.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

I hear you girl!! It can be fustrating, I know, after 8 months of being on this forum, I pick and choose which post of "why am I not losing?"
that I bother answer to. Cause so many would give away the reason themselves right off, that they were'nt following the plan cause they had'nt really read the book or they could'nt go more than a few days with out cheating. Then blame the plan.

However, I don't let it stop me in helping out others, who are genuine, I feel I owe it to this place as, cause of so many great posters being here when I started and I could not of done what I have without their help.

Cheers Kathy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:24

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Congratulations on doing your exercise! I didn't do mine today because I planned on mowing the yard and then it rainned. BTW, I put in directions for your cheat free badge on my cheat free August post so instead of trying to talk people into Atkins why not see if you can get your badge on your signature? I hope it works!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 20:38
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

At least you have the sense to know when you've temporarily lost your objectivity! I wish I could cultivate that skill more often....

My own achilles heel is trying to be supportive of people whose "before" weight is lower than my GOAL weight. Especially when they weigh 115, and are wondering about the fat fast to make it go faster! I have to put my club away.......I've tried to deal with delicately pointing out the foolishness of such things, but then I re-read my own quote, and pass on by!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 22:31

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

I get annoyed with certain posts too. That's why I love the new feature where you point to the thread title and you can read it without clicking. It saves me tons of clicks.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 22:33
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 217/170/155 Female 5/5
BF:
Progress: 76%

Thanks you guys! I appreciate your replies! I love this forum, I post several times a day. I guess I just burnt out! Thanks for the link Lori, I am gonna try it now! And Potato Free - that pig dance is a hoot!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-01-03, 22:56

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hey DStar and friends--I just want to say I think you all are so awesome. Dstar, you are honest and probably the voice for me and maybe others as well??? I was in such a rut last week, wondering how can I ever lose more, and hearing the same-ol'same-ol complaints as well. We all have days, weeks--like that. I found strength in posting and replying here to friends who care. The ones who are in my own weight category in particular seem to have a like minded-ness. It does personally bother me when someone is 120 and wants to lose 10 pounds, and then I realize that weight is a real issue with everyone, no matter if we're 400, 300, 200 or 100+. We all want to be our best. So go ahead and vent all you want. Do NOT give up.

I personally love the encouragment you've received from all your replies. Please know that we care. Rain clouds mean there's sunshine right around the corner!
Hugs, Annie-Pie
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 05:12
Contributing Member

Stats: 302/350/150 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress: -32%

Like I have said in other posts...
"If you want to lose more than 1 pound a week, all you have to do is get about 100-150 pounds overweight like I did.
the first 4 or 5 months you will lose 2-5 pounds a week.

P.S. I do not really suggest that you gain extra weight for big losses.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 06:32

Stats: 249/197/170 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 66%

First, BIG CONGRATS TO STEVEN ON HIS 200th CHEAT FREE DAY!!! WAY TO GO!!

Now on to the post...
I haven't been around the board much lately for that very reason. I just got burned out on the useless whining. I used to consider myself a pretty compassionate person, but this board has been like my hall of mirrors. Showing me my angry, sensative side. Sometimes I feel like I'm a gunshot victim in a room full of people complaining about a boo boo on their finger. It's frustrating to try and help someone who won't help themselves.

I have gotten pretty good at picking which people are going to take sage advice, and which of those who are going to do the wrong thing despite being told by 30 people what they could be doing. I reply to posts accordingly.

As Annie-Pie stated, I don't mind helping people who have VERY little to lose, because we all have our own self-image problems. Whether a person needs to lose 3lbs or 300. I do however have problems when someone is looking for a weekend solution to those 3lbs and isn't interested in changing their habits.

Egads. It's too early in the morning for me to be riled up. LOL. In closing, I'll just say that I can understand and sympathize with you, Dstar. I'll wager that most of the veterans here have felt the way that you do at one time or another.

~Angi~
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-02-03, 07:16

Plan: General
Stats: 185/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:you kidding me?
Progress: 60%

Luv ya!

I know how you feel and I know how they feel.

Sometimes I'm the whiner
and sometimes I'm the whinee.
But looks to me like you know how
not to be the HYNIE!

LOL!!

You show great maturity knowing when to say when and give yourself a break. You inspire me to be more careful with what I say here as well as what I reply to here. Thanks!