Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 06:43

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%
Thumbs down Run in with Herbalife Recruiters.

I was at a party last night . A man overheard me say I was on Atkins . He said he wanted to talk to me about it. I thought he was interested ,but it turned out he wanted to try to convince me Herbalife was the way to go. One shake in the morning and one for lunch (sounded like slimfast to me) and eat whatever you want for dinner. On and on. I said aren't you hungry all the time? He said no and he lost a whole bunch of weight. He sounded like he was making a sales pitch ,so I asked "Are you selling Herballife "? He said his daughter was. That explained why he wouldn't let up. As we were getting ready to leave he said something to the effect " when you give up on Atkins and want to try Herbalife give me a call" and I said when you give up on herbalife and want to try Atkins give me a call. He really bugged me. Plus he and his wife both smoke. When I smoked I could probably drink a shake for breakfast and lunch.Actually I could eat once a day. But not now. I am too hungry. They were also talking about the caffeine in the shakes . Who needs it?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 07:46
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

So many people want a quick fix and don't care that it damages their long term health.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 08:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/187/145 Female 5'5 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Urrggghhh! You must be so annoyed. I tried Herbalife when I was 18 & I HATED it!!! Also, people that are on it tend to gain the weight right back. I know somebody that had went from a size 20 to a size 4 TWICE doing Herbalife. I saw her a couple weeks ago & she was amazed at how well Atkins is working for me.

Sorry that you had to deal with this guy!!

~Amy
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 08:45

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 236/207/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I tried Herbalife a few years ago and I could not stand it. The shakes tasted like chalk as well as all that other thermogenic junk and pills... I think I lost about 9 pounds before I starved and gave up. I hate it when people try to pitch their diets onto me. Good for you for sticking up to him.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 08:38

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincin11
As we were getting ready to leave he said something to the effect " when you give up on Atkins and want to try Herbalife give me a call" and I said when you give up on herbalife and want to try Atkins give me a call.

LOL...that was a great retort.

Anyway, I never understood the concept of needing to buy a shake if I were commiting myself to fasting most of the day sustaining with only a single meal per day. I mean, the shakes taste horrible, does nothing for my appetitie supression, and all it seemingly accomplishes is drive people to use their latrines more than they ideally should. Of course, the dissenters would right observe, what about the nutrients? Ah, ok, good point; so, I'll just start popping daily multi-vitamins, and that's that.

I don't understand these plans. If I'm motivated to cut calories and determined to eat only once per day, I'll just skip breakfast and lunch while eating liberally for dinner. I don't see how a powdered nasty tasting shake will help me in that endeavor, aside from lightening my wallet. If anything, these unnatrual concoctions tastes so egregious, it should drive a normal person scouring for some chocolates just to kill the horrible aftertaste of these wonder-less shakes.

Just my view,

Frederick
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 08:47

Plan: Modified VLCD
Stats: 456/431.2/185 Male 70"
BF:49%/??/11%
Progress: 9%

I used to take and sell Herbalife. The shakes taste nasty! It has the texture and taste of flour with milk in it. Aweful! The one and only product they had was the fac scrub which worked very well!
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-03, 07:54

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 193/167/150 Female 5'10?
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickinTN
I used to take and sell Herbalife. The shakes taste nasty! It has the texture and taste of flour with milk in it. Aweful! The one and only product they had was the fac scrub which worked very well!

When you were selling it did you say how Good they were? lol.

I bought one or two bottles of the pills a few yrs ago and didn't lose any weight ,if I had I would be skinny now.

Cindy
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 11:39

Plan: SB
Stats: 257/257/150 Female 62inches
BF:lots
Progress: 0%

My friend has been on the Herbalife shakes and vitamins now for 3 months and has lost 10lbs. I've been doing Atkins for a month and lost 9lbs. I believe this WOE I can do as a new WOL.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 12:42
Fully Caffeinated

Plan: Back to Atkins
Stats: 298/228/160 Female 5ft9in
BF:?/35/?
Progress: 51%

I got "recruited" by a lady selling Herbalife in the same way, only her angle was that she had TRIED Atkins, but it was more expensive than buying her product due to having to buy all that meat... What I'd save on groceries not doing Atkins would MORE than pay for my Herbalife..

She "hooked" a friend of mine, who will try ANYTHING, and ended up getting her to spend several HUNDRED dollars for shakes, three kinds of supplements, for ONE month... Then basically told her she had to keep taking the expensive supplements for LIFE otherwise she'd gain her weight back!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 15:04

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

Herballife is so gross! This guy obviously likes the slim fast diet too!
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 19:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/205/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I absolutely love coming here! I was approachesd recently about Herbalife as well and had my doubts. I`ve been on a stall with the Atkins and moral was down. Not until I logged in and discovered that the stalls we`re normal that I realized that I can`t go from diet to diet looking for a qucik fix!
I know that person will follow up with her Herbalife sell and I`ll be ready with a "No thanks" !
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Aug-10-03, 20:47

Plan: NeanderThin, Atkins mix
Stats: 131/127/127 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

Agreed, Herbalife is icky. I tried it for a while and the vitamins were like trying to choke down weeds with every meal.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 03:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 233/194/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 47%

I tried herbalite along time ago. it costs me about 80.00 a month depending on how many people ordered that month. i did good on it but i couldnt stay on it because everytime I tried to swallow one of them pills, i gagged. I liked the shakes but I would rather eat a normal meal and lose weight than to have to drink those things again and take those pills. Atkins for me is a lot cheaper than that was. Plus the groceries I buy now, the whole famliy eats instead of me just taking the pills.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 16:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/175/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: -100%

A close friend sells Herbalife. They have a complete line of low carb products. I guess taking them would be just like eating Atkins bars or other prepackaged LC products.

It's costly and the shakes do taste like crap. Eating properly will do the smae thing, but if you feel you need extra suppliments or 'quick snacks' they're as good as anyone else.

Frankly I prefer to stick with the Atkins program and keep my money in my pocket.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-03, 17:24

Plan: Atkins/low carb mix
Stats: 206/184/130 Female 5'5"
BF:Size 12
Progress: 29%

A lady convinced my parents to buy several hundred dollars worth of herbalife products. After 2 months, nothing happened, not one pound. I don't knock other diets, to each his own, but I definitely have no problem knocking Herbalife.