Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:29
Registered Member

Plan: My own thing
Stats: 215/192/160 Female '5 "6
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Induction Snacks and Meals

Hi All,

Is there anyone that can help me with finding some easy Induction Meals and snacks. I am only on day 3 and about to pull my hair out. I can't find my Atkins book, and all of the recipies that I look at are too high in carbs for induction. I need help, cause right now I am so scared to eat the wrong thing that if I don't have chees with me I won't eat anything, and I know that is wrong to do. HELP!!! Or at least give me an idea of where I can find some recipies.

Thanks
Suga'
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Progress: 50%

Hi suganomore....

Hang in there....you can do this.

What kinds of recipes are you looking for? Basic foods work well and you don't need complicated ingredients...unless you are really into cooking?

chicken breasts sauteed in garlic flavored olive oil, add a few mushrooms and a slice of onion, with green beans, brocolli, salad, or any veggies on the side.

How about pan fried veal scallopini with herbs and spices? I add some grated mozzarella when it's done and broil for a little to melt this...very yummy.

All steaks are great...spice them up if you like. I prefer rib steaks and NY striploins.....with stirfried mushrooms and onions in butter..... How about hamburgers or bacon cheeseburgers without the bun?

Eggs are a great staple for snacks (Hard boiled, devilled) or omellettes or crustless quiches.

Try a search to find lc recipes: e.g. www.lowcarber.org or www.3fatchicks.com

Good luck!

Froufie
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:41
Registered Member

Plan: My own thing
Stats: 215/192/160 Female '5 "6
BF:
Progress: 42%

Froufie,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. I think I got so wrapped up in eating the right thing and making sure I didn't eat something wrong that I just lost all common cooking sense. I love to cook, but i work alot so simple recipies work best. The examples you prvided are awesome and are on my dinner list as we speak. I will also look at those two websites you listed. By the way, what fruit, if any, is allowed on Induction. My mouth is watering for Bing Cherries. But somehow, i know those are off limits for right now.

Thanks again,

Suga'nomore
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 09:48

Stats: 202/128/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Yes fruit is a no no during induction but it won't be forever. I agree that this site has some wonderful recipes. Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 15:35
Registered Member

Stats: 290/257/160 Female 5'9''
BF:
Progress: 25%

Hey, hang in there! I KNOW exactly how you feel. I like to have went crazy during my first week of Induction! I was scared I was going to eat the wrong thing and mess up my INduction....Some really nice people on here helped me so here is my 2cents worth for you....hope soemthing helps.....

Breakfast: choices:
2 scrambled eggs (I mixed mine with 2 tbs. mayo - yummy)
Bacon or
Sausage

Lunch choices:
Homemade hamburger w/ lemmon pepper (on Gorge Forman grill-quick)
Chicken breast w/ your choice of herb (onion, lemon, garlic etc.)
Boneless Porkchops (grilled -yummy)
Tuna Or chicken salad

with: choices:
Salad (how I like it) Just lettuce, real bacon bits & cheese
with Newmons Own Olive oil & Vinagrette dressing (only 1g per 2 tbs.)
or: Green Beans
Broccoli
Asparagus
Collard greens (no sugar-careful)

Dinner choices:
Fish (baked or grilled) Just about any kind
Steak (extremely yummy grilled with Vinagrette dressing)
or repeat : Chicken, Hamburger, Porkchops

side dish: Repeat above veggies!

Dessert: Can pumpkin (1/2 cup) sweetened with Splenda! (I love it Hot from the oven!)
Splenda sweetened jello
Heavy whipped cream
Atkins Advantage bar
Atkins shake

Hope this gives you an Ideal----
Good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 19:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/255/200 Female 5 feet 3 and a half inchs
BF:
Progress: 45%

You have an entire interent of yummy tasty recipies, just do a search You dont need the book for that
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 21:55
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

When I first started induction I would mkae an omlette every morning with smoked salmon and crumbled feta cheese. Yummmmy!!!! In his book Atkins hd a dessert that involved heavy cream, sour cream, coconut, and a splash of rum. I didn't relize at the time it proably wasn't the best thing for induction. I also loved the cream cheese, heavy cream mix with a little splenda.

Dang I miss dairy
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 22:24
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

If you click on "Low Carb Tips" from the orange menu bar near the top, you'll see Jazz Up Your Induction by Karen Barnaby, our resident gourmet chef. Lots of great .. and fast! .. ideas there.

Karen has also rounded up some links to great breakfast recipes that are posted right here on our forums. Check out Breakfast Recipes Suitable for Atkins Induction.

hth,

Doreen
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-03, 23:29
Registered Member

Stats: 233/226.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

My favorite easy meal is caesar salad (romaine, parmesean and carb free dressing) with either grilled chicken or grilled shrimp - easy and yummy!
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-03, 06:23

Stats: 167/158/147 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

My favorite breakfast by far is a mushroom cheddar omelette, with a dash of salsa on the side, NUM!!! Check out the salsa for carbs though because not all salsa are low (mine is a little high 2 grams per 2 TBSP, but I only use 1 TBSP, so it's only 1) but it adds so much to the omelette......

My suggestion is just be creative with eggs and meat, and then throw a side salad or green beans/broccolli on the side and VIOLA, you have your meals!!

Heidi