Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 06:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/138/115 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Birthday Temptations

I'm posting this because I think it may help some with the birthday party sweet temptations...

I started induction a couple weeks ago. Saturday was my daughter's birthday. So, to get the cake or not to get the cake? I decided it was too tempting. So, I explained this to her and she completely understood--gotta love the support!!

What we did instead, we took her and a bunch of her friends to her favorite restaurant [Rainforest Cafe].

After dinner, we ordered the volcano in place of the cake. Before it was served, I brought my son to the store area and we took our time, walked around, and bought a couple toys. I brought him back and then brought my daughter to pick something out for her and her friends. By the time I was done with that, the volcano was gone, so, there was no temptation--*whew*!!

Win-Win!! She was totally fine without the traditional cake, because she got to go to her favorite restaurant with her favorite friends and have her favorite desert. And I won becuase I pulled myself out of a situation where I might be tempted to sneak a bite.

My husband was there to sit with the kids while I was gone. If this isn't an option, I recommend to bring a friend instead!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 09:49
Whoosh me baby!

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 276/258/180 Female 66 inches
BF:Yep, gots to go
Progress: 19%

Great solution-but you don't really get to participate. For the next birthday party-why not try making a sugarfree NY Cheesecake? They are excellent and everyone can have some-including you! (warning-they are addictive)
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 11:58

BF:

It being addictive--That's why I didn't try it this year--I'm afraid I'll eat half the cake in one shot!!!! *haha* Maybe next year I'll be able to handle it.

I really didn't miss much. We had already taken care of everything else, so, I didn't really miss anything other than the kids stuffing their faces!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 12:18
Doctor Dirt

Stats: 218.2/195.0/145 Female 5'9"
BF:43.6%/31.0%/22.0%
Progress: 32%

Congratulations! It really pays to plan ahead for situations that can lead to temptations, doesn't it? And it's REALLY nice to hear that the whole family is pitching in to help.

Jeannie
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-21-03, 12:27

BF:

Yes, it does really pay. I know my limits right now. I'm so proud of myself that I didn't have that ONE bite... Especially now, if it's in my face--I just don't know what I would do!!

This site is awesome! It's so incredibly motivating!!