Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 17:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 317/245/220
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Low Carb Products from the US

Hello Everyone, I am visiting Ohio next week and will be spending a few days in the US. What are the best products to pick up that are not available in Canada. This is my list so far:

Liquid Splenda
various Davinci Syrups
Diet Rite Pop

Anything else that I should look for and where to get it?

Thanks,

Kelly

Last edited by kvdploeg1 : Sat, Jul-05-03 at 22:00.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 22:38

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

i am in galveston, texas and very recently there has been a sudden surge in lc products here. there are great things out now to try that fool even my kids tastebuds which i will list below - but a WORD OF CAUTION - LATELY WITH ALL OF THE NEW PRODUCTS AND HAVING LOST 50 LBS. BUT STILL NEEDING TO LOSE AT LEAST ANOTHER 20 OR 30 ---I HAVE GOTTEN CARRIED AWAY WITH THE LOW CARB TREATS. just watch it some of these products taste like the real thing and thats good mostly but it can cause you mentally to return to bad habits which i am stopping now. dont get me wrong i have not gained any weight but i am not losing right now, but most of the treats i eat now are low carb so i am maintaining but i need to go back on induction and get back to losing again. you see i have discovered SPLENDA brand SLENDER ice cream at Krogers here and it is just like the real thing. my kids love it and i am not about to tell them it doesnt have real sugar in it.

so look for splenda ice cream, krogers is also making its own generic version which is not bad either. they have about 8 net carbs per serving.

avoid the bars unless you really like that grainy stuff.

look for HERSHEy's sugar free chocolate w or w/o almonds and Reeses sugar free peanut butter cups.

atkins endulge candies are pretty darn good too.

Carb solutions chips are decent, i like them better than the atkins crunchers but they will do in a pinch.

i am even finding that local people are making homemade candies with splenda and sugar alcohols, things like chocolate covered toffee w. nuts and chocolate covered pecan caramels. all with sugar free and low carb out of my local health food store.

la tortilla factory low carb tortillas

atkins bread

i also just received a package of low carb pasta from my health food store for free to try. will let you know what i think. it looks promising at least its made in italy.

you can see with all of the recent options - AND ALL OF THIS IS AVAILABLE AT BOTH KROGERS, RANDALLS, walmart AND THE LOCAL HEALTH FOOD STORES -
that you can easily get carried away but now we lcer's definitely have more options that are really good.