Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 10:05
Registered Member

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 200/184/120
BF:
Progress: 20%
Red face how many carb does one espresso have?

i am from italy so i really don't understand what do you mean when you say: 8 oz of coffee has xxx carbs.

can you translate it to me into ml or can you tell me how many carb does one espresso?

i really need this information because i can't live without coffee..

thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 13:08
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi there,

According to our carb counter, which you can access by clicking on Low Carb Tools on the orange menu bar near the top of the page ... a small 100 ml cup of restaurant-brewed espresso has 1.53g carbs in it. So you would be wise to limit your intake.

I used to think I couldn't live without certain things too .. like 6 - 8 cups of coffee with cream and sweetener every day. Then one day I discovered I could live with one or two cups. Then I discovered that coffee tastes great without sweetener in it. Took me a longer time to give up cream, but now I prefer my coffee black. Haven't been able to give it up totally though

Good luck to you!

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 13:42
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188.5/168.4/165 Male 67
BF:Kiss Me - Im LC'ng
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
hi there,

a small 100 ml cup of restaurant-brewed espresso has 1.53g carbs in it. So you would be wise to limit your intake.

Doreen

Doreen - now Im confused...1.53 g of carbs is certainly minimal at best, why do you say youd be wise to limit your intake?

j
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 17:27
Registered Member

Plan: dr atkins
Stats: 200/184/120
BF:
Progress: 20%

thank you very much doreen, but i still don't understand what do they mean in the "counter" when they say: 100 gr of coffee - 1.53 gr of carb. i don't understand if they mean only coffe powder or some coffee powder+water.....
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 05:57

Plan: Atkins - induction
Stats: 252/209/176 Male 185cm
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Another Italian at last

Hi Jo.
I have been looking for Italian fellows for a long time: it seems that LC is not a popular diet here in the land of high-carb temptations.

Care to share tips and tricks on how to do Atkins away from north-america? As you know, Atkins products are unheard-of here, and I had to have Splenda shipped from UK!

Ciao.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 06:18
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jospalato
thank you very much doreen, but i still don't understand what do they mean in the "counter" when they say: 100 gr of coffee - 1.53 gr of carb. i don't understand if they mean only coffe powder or some coffee powder+water.....
hi there,

It's a bit confusing at first, because the tendency is to just look at the nturient data (this I know from first-hand experience ) .. However, take a look at the title of the food name -- it's very descriptive as to the form of the food, preparation method etc .. Coffee, brewed, espresso, restaurant-prepared.

Also, if you click on the food name in the list .. it will take you to a more detailed information page with full nutrient data listed.

p.s. - 100g = 100 ml for liquids

hth,

Doreen
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 13:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/148/133 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default caffeine

I used to think I couldn't live without coffee (and other forms of caffeine), too.

Then, when I went on induction, I decided to follow the rules to a tee. No coffee, no diet Coke.

I had had a venti soy latte (a 20 oz. caffe latte made with soy milk and offreed by a cafe franchise called Starbucks here) every single morning for ten years. I could not function without it.

If my husband and I were traveling, I insisted that we spend as long as it took to find a Starbucks each morning before we could continue our trip. Sometimes we spent half the day looking for a Starbucks.

I had also been having up to five diet Cokes every day.

So, when I quit the coffee and diet Coke for induction, as you can imagine, I felt very sick for several days.

But now that I don't drink all that stuff, I'm glad -- I drink water instead. My skin looks better and I have more energy.