Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-05-03, 08:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/145/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Still hanging in

Hi all. Just a note to say that I'm still going strong. Had a little laps in May but doing okay now. Still have a few cravings once in a while but I've noticed that they come after I eat or drink certain things. But being a bartender and having strange hours (I start my shift at 8:30pm and don't get home until between 3 and 4am.) By the time I get home I'm usually hungry!! I usually eat a low carb bar and then go to bed. Maybe that is one of my problems. I also only sleep about 6hrs. But lately I've been sort of tired and sluggish. Any advice???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 05:49
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

Could you maybe bring your low carb bar (or something else to eat) to work with you? That way you could eat it when you start closing up for the night. This way the food has a little more time to go through your system before you get to bed.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-06-03, 06:18

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Hungry after work

Most of us are... that would be dinnertime.

Don't know your life--is there a reason you can't scramble eggs at 3 AM? Or have some kind of other real food cooked and waiting in the fridge? I'm trying to stay away from the bars for now; they seem too "fake" and heaven only knows, there's enough discussion on here about people who have trouble with them, regardless of what the label says about "net carbs."

I'd wonder, too, if you might not need some kind of transition from the high-energy surroundings of a late-night bar to a calmer bedtime routine. Yoga? I would not be sleeping well under these conditions. I have also invested in black-out curtains for my bedroom, which help me sleep past sunrise when I need to. In a pinch, black plastic trashbags and clothespins can block out a lot of daylight in a bedroom.

Keep at it!