Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 16:02

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 330/258.2/150 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Great craving killer

I'm in the middle of craving crazies. Just went off the pill because it caused me to PMS 24/7. Anyway. I dropped some water weight bringing me down 2.5 pounds since yesterday, which is great... but, I woke up this morning and have been dealing with cravings. YUCK! So. My solution? What's gotten me through the sweet cravings?

Cream cheese. Full fat, delicious cream cheese. For this particular sweet craving I mix whatever size serving of cream cheese I want with plenty of Splenda and cinnamon and nutmeg. Lots of it. It's overkill, actually, but that's what seems to make this work.

The best part is that I am not consuming sugar, and it really does wonders in silencing that voice that drives you nuts with wanting carbs.

My best ally in this fight against carb addiction is substitution. I am on a mission to find a substitute for all my favorite grub.

I 'bread' stuff with parmesan cheese instead of bread crumbs. Makes awesome chicken nuggets, also as filler for meatloaf.

I haven't tried these, so I don't know how good they are, or even the nutrient content, but Trader Joe's has Sweet potato french fries. If on your plan you can eat yams, these might be something to try.

Thank God for Splenda. I just hope they bring back the liquid form soon. That would be even better. No fillers.

I can make tons of goodies with Splenda. The cream cheese thing of course, cheesecakes, and I'm eager to try more things.

If you have a particular weakness, try to find a way to make a low-carb version. Someone might already have found one.

Anyway. Back to my cream cheese.

Melissa
Sponsored Links