Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 10:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/237/155 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Which books and forums?

Just wondering where you find the most help?

If I were to go out and buy a book about LC which one would you suggest? I know there is a lot of info on line and I have printed out so much but I think a new book might be helpful. Do you all have any cook books?

I also find myself jumping all over the different forums here and wonder if there are others besides this one that you think are real good to be a part of?? Are you active in more than this one?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 10:20

Plan: My own
Stats: 340/340/180 Female 5' 10"
BF:way/too/much
Progress: 0%
Cool well......

If you're doing Atkins I'm hoping you purchased a copy of DANDR (dr. atkins new diet revolution) so that you know you're working the program properly.

On this site it's helpful to start a journal, as most of us have one. It's somewhere to track your own progress, vent, question and receive support and information from the other members.

Triple Digits Club is for those of us who have over 100 lbs to lose as opposed to others who have less. It's just an additional source of support. It would be a real diservice to yourself to ignore any of the forums on here as we have recipes, jokes, journals, FAQ's, etc. It's good to look around and get a feel for the place. Over time you'll find you visit certain areas more and some less. Take care, all the best and keep coming back!

Nicole
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-23-03, 17:18

Stats: 266/251.2/199 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%
Exclamation The library

I have found it very helpful to read other low carb books even though I'm "doing" Atkins. I'm lucky to have a well-stocked public library nearby & have checked out numerous low carb books (last week it was Protein Power Lifeplan & the Schwarzbein cookbook). Even if I'm not following a specific plan, I find all of them either help to clarify something about low carbing that I was unsure of, or teach me something new, or make me reconsider what I thought I already knew.

As far as this forum, I tend to also check in all over (though TDC is usually my 1st or 2nd stop!).
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-24-03, 09:37

Stats: 295/189/185 Male 70"
BF:
Progress: 96%

I agree with Hatetocook. I have read several LC books. I think it gives you a better understanding of what is going on in your body. It was interesting to me how you can control your insulin levels by controling you sugar (carb) intake. I would NEVER go on a "diet" or change my lifestyle without a lot of research.

This forum is good for support and information. Just take some of what is said here with a grain of salt. Not all the ideas are fact based.

I knew last summer on Labor Day (9/2/02) when I reading DANDR that he was talking about me and the life I was living. I was drinking a homebrewed beer (Czech Pils, my favorite) and eating pretzels while reading the book! Makes me smile just thinking about it...

Anyway, education is very important to your success in this WOL. I stay away from the LC bars. I do have maybe one shake a week.

Have a great weekend!

Cheers!

BrewWA