Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 15:09

Plan: CAD with a few modificati
Stats: 193/141/120 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%
Default Tonight's Menu

What my family is having for dinner is Sloppy Joe's, Macaroni and Cheese and a vegetable. Today, all I have had is Tuna with Mayo, a half of a big bag of spinach, one boiled egg and a piece of string cheese.

If I have a salad, the sloppy joe's and macaroni and cheese and the other half of the spinach and a dessert, so you think that will be okay? I am trying to balance.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 15:37

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
If I have a salad, the sloppy joe's and macaroni and cheese and the other half of the spinach and a dessert, so you think that will be okay?

Well... since CAD doesn't require you to count the carbs, it at first sounds plausible. However.. remember the 1/3 rule. If you have 1/3, protein (that is carb free), 1/3 craving reducing veggies (also carb free) and 1/3 carb, does your sloppy joe sauce, mac & cheese and desert fit into that 1/3? Also, are you having a bun for the sloppy joe? You might want to consider leaving out the mac and cheese, having the veggie, salad and the desert.

I've always found it's better to err on the side of less in the carb category and have an extra helping of salad :-)

It looks like you're being very mindful and careful! Keep up the good work!!

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 16:21

BF:

Thanks, I will do that.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 16:33

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Depending on the dessert, I often forgo a strarchy side dish like mac and cheese-I would go salad and sloppy joe, with or without the bun (Probably use the top 1/2) and dessert. It really keeps things in balance. If I wasn;t going to have dessert I would have the mac and cheese. Or maybe a spoonful if I was really tempted.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 04:59
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default Hello

Well it sounds doable...for me right now I am really trying to stay balenced so i think I would go for twice the sloppy joe on half the bun...a small amount of mac and cheese and small amount dessert...If I wasn't avoiding desserts nad sugar right now...lol

Or as others have said have either the dessert or mac and cheese........If its boxed I'd go for the dessert if its homemade mac and cheese I'd probably choose that....mmm

Good Luck it sounds like you are really keeping in mind the balence

Bye ya
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 13:41

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Choices

Sometimes its difficult being on a low carb diet, especially CAD or CALP because you HAVE such infinite choices! It's almost like letting a carb addict loose in a candy store. Do I have a potatoe? No, a helping of rice! WAIT!! I know, dessert!! Sheesh.. you can drive yourself crazy.

But, remember, that next reward meal is simply 24 hours away, plan, plan, plan.

Today we had omeletes for breakfast, atkin's shake for a snack, spinach soup for lunch and dinner is planned for chicken parmesan w/green beans. I've not decided on my carb content yet. Although it's odd, it might be parsnips because I love them and my mom just gave me a fresh bunch. I stay away from pasta as that sets off the absolute worst cravings known to man!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 14:45

BF:

I thought the shakes were a no-no.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 14:56
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Generally yes because a lot of CAs react to them. Some don't though. It's a personal choice. If weight stalls or goes up, they need to come out.