Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 10:24
Registered Member

Plan: Who knows!
Stats: 124/117/103 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:20% / 19% / 16%
Progress: 33%
Question Carb-Solutions Bars...Are they all so nasty?

I saw the Carb-Soultion bars on tv and was like "Mmm...chocolate chip cookie dough...mmm...." And I found out my fiance's mom had some in the house. (Peanut Butter and Choc along with Toffee Hazelnut or something.) They both taste like crap! They bothtasted the same...like nasty sawdust. Are there any good low carb sweet snacks that don't taste like wood shop?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 10:28

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

If you're on induction, count it as a blessing that you didn't like them. You should try and avoid any of that "frankenfood" stuff as much as possible during induction.

As far as sweet stuff goes, there's tons of options (most allowable past induction)!
- berries (w/ or w/o cream)
- SF/LC candy/chocolate (can stall ppl. and beware of sugal alcohols)
- SF jello (w/ or w/o whipped cream)
- whipped cream w/some splenda and cocoa powder (it's like chocolate mousse)
- LC cheesecake
- Le Carb or Atkins Endulge ice cream
The list could go on forever and ever!!

BTW- I HATE the CarbSolutions bars, Met RX are nasty, but some of the Atkins bars were ok. I just don't seem to have a taste for them.

HTH-
Nikki

PS- Reese's SF PB cups taste just like the regular ones. Just watch your consumption-- sugar alcohols again.

Last edited by Tiggerdy : Fri, May-16-03 at 10:29.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 11:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 153/139/120
BF:
Progress: 42%

a lot of the bars are nasty, but I like the "Doctors" brand (I think they are made by "Ultimate Nutrition"). While all of the carb bars have an "off" flavor, these don't seem as bad. My sis had never had carb bars, so I told her about these the other day-----she thought they were actually pretty good. (Just don't bite into a carb bar expecting a candy bar like flavor!).

"Strive" brand is also good---they are crunchy,, and the inside has a rice crispy bar type texture (and flavor a little bit too!).
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 11:24
Registered Member

Plan: Who knows!
Stats: 124/117/103 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:20% / 19% / 16%
Progress: 33%
Talking Glad I didn't eat the whole thing!

If they stall you I'm glad I didn't eat the whole thing! ICK!

I feel like I've been on this diet forever! I started it the end of April but I didn't know you couldn't have caffeine. And I'm only 21 so my fiance and I like to go out for drinks on the weekends ...My fav scotch has like .12 grams carbs per 1.5 ounces so I was happy. Then all of a sudden...nope! Too much sugar. So I started induction over last Saturday but messed up Sunday night and had a few drinks with my friend who was havign guy trouble. So I've been following the eating guidelines since...forever....