Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 15:41
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/140/120 Female 5:4
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default okay, now what???

I have been on the atkins induction for ten days. Before I weighed 145, and today I also weighed 145. I'm crushed. I have not cheated, i'm not on any medications, drink no coffee, don't smoke, I'm active and I have eaten no processed food. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia a few years back (bloodsugar 32 Mg in second hour of test), could this have something to do with this.? I'm sad to say that I thought this was going to work for me, since everything else have failed. I was so motivated and happy, and I've pretty much given up...any opinions outthere??/what could I be doing wrong??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 15:45
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Don't know! I suggest you post some of your menus and let the old timers take a look. There may be something you have overlooked.

Have you measured yourself? Do your clothes fit the same? It may be you've replaced fat with muscle, which is heavier.

The most important question to ask is do you feel better? This is a way of life, remember - not just a weight loss program.

Hang in there!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-03, 19:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Posting your menus is a good idea.

I also notice that you don't have all that much to lose. At 5'4 145lbs is not a bad weight and therefore your body may be resisting dropping down.

Lesley
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 05:13
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Definately measure yourself or use some clothes to check to see if you have shrunk in inches. I actually did a 3 week induction-you might want to try adding another week. I am hypoglycemic as well and this way of eating has really helped level out my blood sugar.

I also suggest posting menus to let others here see if there are any known stallers. You might want to try putting your foods in www.fitday.com as well. For me, it is an invaluable tool in keeping track of my carbs and fats. You have to make sure you are getting enough fat. Weird but true.